The Feeble Files - shooting sequence

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Glorfindel

The Feeble Files - shooting sequence

Post by Glorfindel »

Hi, I'm stuck in The Feeble Files (4 CD italian version, ScummVM v0.9.1), on the sequence where Delores has to shoot to the soldiers.
My problem is the time I have to aim to each guard it's absurdly too much short: less than half a second before they shoot and kill Del...
Is it normal (before submitting a bug report I want to know this)? Is there a way to skip this arcade sequence?
Thanks for the support and happy new year!

(sorry for my english)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Feeble Files - shooting sequence

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Glorfindel wrote:Hi, I'm stuck in The Feeble Files (4 CD italian version, ScummVM v0.9.1), on the sequence where Delores has to shoot to the soldiers.
My problem is the time I have to aim to each guard it's absurdly too much short: less than half a second before they shoot and kill Del...
Is it normal (before submitting a bug report I want to know this)? Is there a way to skip this arcade sequence?
Less than half a second sounds wrong. When I try it with the English 2 CD version, it takes just over a second between a guard appearing and him firing at you.

I don't know of any way to skip the sequence.
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Thanks for the reply, after a lot of trials I manage to complete that section, only because it seems that randomly (1 time/20) the time you have to shoot increase to the normal 1-2 sec (LOT MORE easy...) Is this to be considered a bug of ScummVM?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Glorfindel wrote:Thanks for the reply, after a lot of trials I manage to complete that section, only because it seems that randomly (1 time/20) the time you have to shoot increase to the normal 1-2 sec (LOT MORE easy...) Is this to be considered a bug of ScummVM?
I was hoping Kirben would answer this, since he's the one who actually understands the AGOS engine. He did tell me he'd seen something like it happen but only (if I understood him correctly) when using "fast mode" (Ctrl-F or Ctrl-G) to speed up the game.

If you didn't use that, I suppose it could be a bug. In that case, the bug tracker is the more appropriate place for this.
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

:oops: Ehm, you are right, I had pressed Ctrl-F to speed the game when Feeble exchanged the vehicle registration plate... Sorry for the waste of time and thanks for the replies...

P.S.: I have just finish this game: a really masterpiece (apart for its high difficult in some section)! Thanks for your efforts to permitting us to play it on modern os! Keep the good work :D