Day of The Tentacle Crashes

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

danj00100

Day of The Tentacle Crashes

Post by danj00100 »

DOTT crashes back to the GP2x menu when Hoggie starts to wash the cart. (as the mini cut scene kicks in showing clouds gathering overhead)

This version of the game has been completed using the pocket PC version of scummvm, so I know there is nothing wrong with the files.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

danj00100,

Thanks for the bug reports, could you provide save game files so I can test they are fixed in the next release. I suspect (well 99% sure) all the crashes are the same bug that I meant to fix some time ago but save games would help me be sure. Now I have a small amount of free time to spend on ScummVM (nowhere near the amount of time I would like but you can’t have everything) I will look to get these big crashes fixed ASAP.

John
gwood1234

Post by gwood1234 »

After reading this I managed to get around the crash problem. If you skip the scene by pressing A (i think) when Hoagie starts to wash the cart then you can carry on playing without problem!

Hope this helps. I'm sure this method will work with other crash problems concerning cut scenes.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Or you could just upgrade to a recent build like the 0.10.0 previews as the bug that causes this was fixed a long time ago ;).

If your playing DOTT any feedback on using it with the 0.10.0 previews would be great.