ScummWiiM ( Wii ScummVM Channel )

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

wfeltmate

Post by wfeltmate »

I have discovered why people are having trouble with saving. It turns out that in the scummvm.ini(or whatever it is named. the .ini in the scummvm folder) has an invalid path set as the default save directory. You will need to either create this manually, as I did so I can keep things orginized, or simply choose a different default(or game specific) directory for the saves.

After I did this, everything works great for me :D

As for those of you where the 'failed to save' message seems to pop up randomly. This is the above issue coupled with the fact that scummvm is set to automatically do a quick save every, I believe, 300 seconds. This is a time you can edit and possibly disable
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

yes, as i posted two sites ago ;)
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

With the scummVM version in the apps package (http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/) i´m able to play The Curse of Monkey Island on my wii!

Intro looks laggy (skipped it) but now i´m talking to wally :)

(canon scene also worked fine)

[EDIT: new version http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Home ... ps/ScummVM . Increased the performance @mi3 )
VictimOfScience

Post by VictimOfScience »

Wow. I just got this working on my Wii and I have not been so happy in many a gaming year!! Just tried FoA and MI2. Need a bigger SD card to play The Dig and CMI, but I cannot wait!! Thanks to everyone involved!!
Ace2020Boyd

Post by Ace2020Boyd »

i was just thinking i was just saw a snes emulator channel for the wii will there ever be a ScummVM channel so we don't have to use the homebrew channel ect..
Flo

Post by Flo »

Is there a good argument against the Homebrew Channel and for putting the extra strain on the Wii port coders to come up with their own launcher?
Harlock

Post by Harlock »

* Sorry if I can´t ask that, but there are any way to run ScummVM by dvd, with modded Wii?
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

for various technical reasons there wont be any official scummvm channel. the homebrew channel addresses all of these in a reusable way, so i dont see any reason to not use it to launch any application on a wii.

if you dont want to install the hbc on your wii you can also load it with just the twilight hack or some other loader.

And yes, you can also inject the scummvm wii binary into an iso, burn it and thus load it from a dvd-r(w) if you have a modchip. but that approach relies on the signing bug (aka trucha), which got fixed with the system menu v3.3 update.

If you still think that this is worth it, you might wanna take a look at this template we used for the hbc install dvd.

my advice: just use hbc ;)
manias

Post by manias »

dhewg wrote:for various technical reasons there wont be any official scummvm channel. the homebrew channel addresses all of these in a reusable way, so i dont see any reason to not use it to launch any application on a wii.

if you dont want to install the hbc on your wii you can also load it with just the twilight hack or some other loader.

And yes, you can also inject the scummvm wii binary into an iso, burn it and thus load it from a dvd-r(w) if you have a modchip. but that approach relies on the signing bug (aka trucha), which got fixed with the system menu v3.3 update.

If you still think that this is worth it, you might wanna take a look at this template we used for the hbc install dvd.

my advice: just use hbc ;)
fyi the trucha bug-fix is circumventable with geckoOS ;)
dhewg
ScummVM Porter

Post by dhewg »

yes, as it is with menuloader, but that too doesnt make it any easier to boot a fakesigned dvd with a v3.3 sysmenu since you have to preload a loader (hbc, anyone?) - which is the point i tried to make ;)
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I am currently working on a forwarder Channel for ScummVM (it's a Channel that loads a files from an SD card). When its finished and tested I will post a link to it here. :wink:
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Excuse the double post but I have made a scummVM Channel Forwarder (a Channel that boots a file from the SD - in this case sd/apps/scummvm/boot.dol) here. :wink: [/b]