Tungsten E2 - Palm Noob

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tungsten E2 - Palm Noob

Post by avatar_58 »

I need some help here as I seem to be lost. I am familiar with ScummVM, but not this port.

I hotsynced the ScummVM front end file, but I cannot find the other file listed in the readme. It just isn't inside the zip I downloaded, and maybe I'm stupid but I can't understand this.

Anyway, after the front end file is synced it shows up in the Tungsten's launch menu. However all I can do is select a game engine and then it says "Cannot find engine file" no matter where I place those files (/palm/programs/scummvm/mod) and no .INI file is created to point to it.

What am I supposed to do here? Theres no config and no way to show the program where the engine files are located. Can someone maybe post a sample INI file for me to copy and do it manually?
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Im not sure if this is still an issue, but you may want to check to see if your sd card is selected. you can do this by tapping the memory card icon on the top right of the screen in the scummvm launcher. Also if you were unabe to find skin.pdb (i think thats what it is)it is available at Chrilith's page as well as many other skins.

I also use an E2, but unfortunately i have been unable to test new versions for several months due to Docs to Go completely fudging my abilty to hotsync. I guess it cant really handle a large text edit (all i really did was try to change the font color on an ebook :( )

Post by avatar_58 »

Top right of the launcher? All I get is a menu listing the engines to choose along with the title. Theres no menubar or way to set any options. Just 'Ok' or 'Cancel' and all the engine types in a list. I've tried hitting the menu buttons on the Tungsten itself but nothing pops up.

Without any options I can't point it to the files it needs. Even placing the files in the same folder (on the handheld or the SD card) and it doesn't help.

I don't get it. :( What could I be doing wrong? I downloaded the file off the website and synced, theres nothing more I can do without an INI to edit or a menubar to select options.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

hmmm, okay...how did you place the engine files ind the mods folder? did you put them there with a card reader or did you try synching them?

Post by avatar_58 »

Well the Tungsten only lets you sync compatible files, which the engine files and directory are not. So I synced the launcher and skin, and the other files I moved onto the card via card reader.

There is no other way to do this, since syncing only works with documents and programs, not misc file types.

So I'm just kind of lost on how to edit any settings.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

hmmm...im a little bit at a loss here, do you manage to get to the actual menu now that you have synced the skin.pdb file? I havent been able to test recent versions as my E2 wont hotsync at all anymore, so any advice i can give is a little dated
eyvind

Missing skin database

Post by eyvind »

I had the same problem on my T|X, but was able to solve it by installing a skin (google for palm scummvm skin). With the skin .pdb installed, I got a "proper" frontend and was able to select my SD card from the top right card icon, as glokidd suggested.

The README.PALMOS file implies that a skin .pdb is supposed to be included in the scummvm download, but it's not. Bug?