Eye of the Beholder

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kyng-wu

Eye of the Beholder

Post by kyng-wu »

Is there any chance to get Eye of the Beholder supported, its my favorit game. :D
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Can't see this game fitting into SCUMMVM as it's an RPG...

You may be interested in mirekluza's post -> http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2397
fac

Post by fac »

Reckless wrote:Can't see this game fitting into SCUMMVM as it's an RPG...

You may be interested in mirekluza's post -> http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2397
As far as i know ScummVM "works" with some non adventure games (Simon the Sorcerer's Puzzle Pack and Elvira). I think that's because they share simon engine (but i'm not sure).

I don't know how close EOB1/2 engine is with Kyrandia engine. They should have the same data format (or with small changes).
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yes, we allowed some non-adventures, like Putt-Putt's arcade games and Simon Pack to let in just because we already had their engines, so it was just matter of adding some not big code modifications.

As of EOB, it doesn't share engine with Kyrandia, but uses its own AESOP engine, see mirekluza's post.

Eugene
kyng-wu

Post by kyng-wu »

That means, there is hope for me right ? :)
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

sev wrote:As of EOB, it doesn't share engine with Kyrandia, but uses its own AESOP engine, see mirekluza's post.
EOB 1 and 2 share some code with the Kyrandia engine since both were developed by Westwood (mainly the script VM, graphics stuff and the GUI system). EOB 3, however, uses the AESOP engine.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Lands of Lore: The throne of chaos also uses similar code with the Kyrandia engine afaik
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

No matter what code EOB uses -- there is no chance for it to be supported by ScummVM. Even if you sent us the fully finished engine as a drop-in. It simply doesn't fit into ScummVM.
Last edited by fingolfin on Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

Of course, I just wanted to clarify things. And if someone wanted to reimpelement EOB 1 or 2, the Kyrandia code would be a good source for information on the scripting engine etc.
(I still have the dream of something like ScummVM but for old RPGs :))
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Well, that of course is fine, the code of ScummVM being GPL. So if you anybody wants to start such a RPG "engine" collection and needs code from ScummVM -- go ahead and use it, as long as your tool is GPLed, too :-).