scummVM cannot locate a game?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

xfeelthebutterfliesx

scummVM cannot locate a game?

Post by xfeelthebutterfliesx »

got legend of kyrandia hand of fate installed on PC, i know it's in the folder cause i've played it, but want to play it through scummVM. click "choose" on the folder HOF is in, and it says it cannot find a game in that folder??
clone2727
Retired

Re: scummVM cannot locate a game?

Post by clone2727 »

xfeelthebutterfliesx wrote:got legend of kyrandia hand of fate installed on PC, i know it's in the folder cause i've played it, but want to play it through scummVM. click "choose" on the folder HOF is in, and it says it cannot find a game in that folder??
Do you have a Daily Build? Also, it is not completable, so you won't be able to get far.
clem

Re: scummVM cannot locate a game?

Post by clem »

xfeelthebutterfliesx wrote:got legend of kyrandia hand of fate installed on PC
that's not a supported game.
fac

Post by fac »

After reading this topic i decided to try Kyrandia 2 with ScummVM. It started with a SVN version from October, but now (with the last SVN) it gives me this error:

Code: Select all

Looking for kyra2
Trying to start game 'The Legend of Kyrandia: The Hand of Fate'
MD5s of your game version are unknown. Please, report following data to ScummVM team along with your game name and version:
fate.pak: 1ba18be685ad8e5a0ab5d46a0ce4d345
fate.pak.: 1ba18be685ad8e5a0ab5d46a0ce4d345
WARNING: Legend of Kyrandia Engine failed to instantiate engine: Unable to locate game data (target 'kyra2-1', path 'C:\Games\kyrandia2\')!
I know that the game isn't playable, but maybe the md5 can be usefull (english floppy version).