Creating ScummVM DVD

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rootboy

Creating ScummVM DVD

Post by rootboy »

Hallo,
does anybody know how to create a working ps2-ScummVM-DVD for our modded ps2?
I tried many different isobuilders in winxp, but none of the created iso´s are working.
There is a popular how-to-multi-dvd-instruction in net, but it seems to premise cdvd-generator. CDVD needs the original sces,sles,slus. But all homebrews don´t have them.

If someone ever created a working ScummVM DVD or a HomebrewDVD or maybe a multi-homebrewDVD please explain your procedure.
If you have third party progs ,definitly functioning in our case, please name it.

Thanks
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

CDVD needs the original sces,sles,slus. But all homebrews don´t have them.
For your homebrew you can simply write any number
SithlordDK

Post by SithlordDK »

??? Can someone explain it so that everyone can understand?
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Whith a CD/DVD generator for PS2 (google it), you can create an ISO compatible whith a PS2 (you still need a console which can run homebrew, modded or not).

The CD/DVD structure of a PS2 disc it is slightly different from a standard CD. It has to start in an exact sector, and must include some files in root directory. Also the label is somehow definited.

The PS2 games, are named SLESXXXX ,SLUSXXXXX, SCESXXXXX which corresponds whith the label. For a ScummVM disc you can name it whatever you like SLES66666, and copy the necesary files. The file system.cnf is the file which indicates the executable so there is no problem of using these generators.

And for multi-hombrewDVD, I use an special ELF which shows a menu...
rootboy

Post by rootboy »

mac_es wrote:The PS2 games, are named SLESXXXX ,SLUSXXXXX, SCESXXXXX which corresponds whith the label. For a ScummVM disc you can name it whatever you like SLES66666, and copy the necesary files. The file system.cnf is the file which indicates the executable so there is no problem of using these generators.
Thanks @mac_es

I will try. But i don´t know these necessary files. Do you mean the ScummVM files? Or a original SLESxxxx.xx file?
SithlordDK

Post by SithlordDK »

Argh damn it!

I tried the Sony DVD Generator...and it doesn't work ..."The SCSI Host Adapter is not available" ...I'll have to wait till the cd-tool can create DVD Isos...
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

Whith the files which come whith the rc3 is enough
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

Forum rule number 0:
No Warez. No Abandonware discussions. Links to content of a questionable nature, asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated.