ScummVM crashes

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

KTJ_187

ScummVM crashes

Post by KTJ_187 »

I went to the troubleshooting and it did not help so if anyone could help me.Scumm crashes, but console window disappears too quick to see the error message. i just want to play sam and max lol
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

KTJ_187

Post by KTJ_187 »

yes i went their and it says to type 'cd \your\path\to\scummvm but it dosnt do anything it cant find it
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

First of all: Forum rule #7:

7) No cross posting. Post your message once, to the appropriate forum and nowhere else or it will be locked or deleted without warning.

Of course you should figure that \path\to\scummvm might be something like C:\program files\scummvm on your computer or so.

Make sure where ScummVM resides on your system.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

joachimeberhard wrote:First of all: Forum rule #7
Yeah, KTJ, I wonder how did you want to get a faster answer by violating forum rules and reporting your problems at inappropriate place?

Eugene
KTJ_187

Post by KTJ_187 »

alright this my first time using it calm down stop whining i really dont see the differnce i just wanna use the program
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

KTJ_187 wrote:yes i went their and it says to type 'cd \your\path\to\scummvm but it dosnt do anything it cant find it
You didn't literally type that literally, I hope. The '\your\path\to\scummvm' is just an example (and the quotation marks should, of course, not be typed either). Assuming you use Microsoft Windows, the scummvm.exe file probably ends up in C:\Program Files\ScummVM or something like that. (I wouldn't know exactly since I usually don't run ScummVM under Windows.)
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

KTJ_187 wrote:calm down stop whining i really dont see the differnce
Personally I would tell you to '£$% £$%' with an immature and disrespectful response like that. Read the FAQ, read the readme. SCUMMVM is really the easiest program to get these adventures running bar none.