Broken Sword 2 Crash when using items

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iancampbell79

Broken Sword 2 Crash when using items

Post by iancampbell79 »

Just started playing BS2 under 0.9.1. When I try to use the panties with the the cylinder at the beginning of the game it crashes to the debug screen with:

Assetion failed h <= MAX_MOUSE_H (..\..\backends\wince\wince-sdl.cpp, 1671)

Have tried using other items with the cylinder and other objects and get this message as well, so it seems to be happening when any item is used on any object.

Any ideas?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword 2 Crash when using items

Post by eriktorbjorn »

iancampbell79 wrote:Just started playing BS2 under 0.9.1. When I try to use the panties with the the cylinder at the beginning of the game it crashes to the debug screen with:

Assetion failed h <= MAX_MOUSE_H (..\..\backends\wince\wince-sdl.cpp, 1671)

Have tried using other items with the cylinder and other objects and get this message as well, so it seems to be happening when any item is used on any object.

Any ideas?
Unless the WinCE maintainer has already seen this, I suggest filing a bug report. It's almost certainly related to a change I made 6-7 months ago, which removed a hack to restrict the maximum size of the mouse cursor in Broken Sword 2. There was some discussion on the mailing list about it, but I guess the WinCE backend never was updated after all...
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

I suggest filling out a bug report as well. The issue has been dealt with (at least I remeber fixing it a while back). There may be some regression or something else is happening. Please try attaching a savegame just before this happens.
BVR

Not resolved

Post by BVR »

I saw that the bug was closed, but I am still having the same problem with the latest build.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

The original bug report #1609058 is still open, only a duplicate of it (#1637638) was recently closed.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I'm sorely tempted to remove the MAX_MOUSE_W and MAX_MOUSE_H constants from the SDL backend, since they're no longer used there. Perhaps that would catch the attention of the PocketPC/WinCE port maintainer. ;-)
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

The PocketPC/WinCE maintainer is not ignoring the port. On the contrary, he has been laying out the painful ground work in the previous months for a complete gcc solution for the port. Now that this is almost complete, he will faithfully go on bug fixing the port, according to his prioritization, and providing regular svn builds.

By all means eriktorbjorn, if those constants are not used any more, prune them away from the sdl backend. the ce backend will follow.

PS. He sure feels weird talking about himself in the third person. :-)