help me with my supercard pleeeeeaaase!!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

nicken85

help me with my supercard pleeeeeaaase!!

Post by nicken85 »

Hi i've read all the things how to get the supercard to save and i've tried everything but it wont work. could someone please explain for a n00b like me how to get this to work. i have a supercard lite + superpass and a 1gb sandisk. please help me! thank you
tetzlaff

Post by tetzlaff »

I cant really help you, but I am intersted knowing your firmware (1.63 or 1.7), what version of scummvm you tried, and what you have tried so far.
nicken85

Post by nicken85 »

i'm using 1.63 build a. and i've tried every other version also but this is the only one that works it seems. i've tried taking a scummvm-file creating it to a scummvm.ini. and trying starting scummvm through moonshell and everything. but where do i find this "moomshell patcher for super card.exe" is it the "moonshell reset for sc" on the supercard homepage and if that's the one , how do i use it?
when i start monkey island 1 it says "creating scummvm.ini" and the game start. but it doesn't create it. i can't find it anywhere. and when i run regular ds roms it won't save either. and i can't figure it out. i patch the zip files with the supercard patcher and a .sav-file comes up and one gamefile. and i put both of them in a folder and transfer it to my card. the games play fine and it says it saves but when i restart my ds nothing is saved. i would be very greatful if you or someone else could help me.
i'm sorry if i'm the worst computer guy in the world.
thank you, nicholas martin
tetzlaff

Post by tetzlaff »

I`ll try to help you, now that I know your details a little better.

http://eng.supercard.cn/soft_scl.htm under:
SOFTWARE: SuperCard Lite (MicroSD) V2.56 ( 2006.08.28 )

the archive is: "setupmicrosdV256en.rar"

you are right, the patcher is named "patch moomshell for super card.exe"

From my own experience:
After patching the nds, you should be able to run off of the SD card without building an uncompressed zipfile (How to Get ScummVM DS Onto Your DS - With a GBA Flash Cart or an unsupported card reader device (The Zip Method)). If you value your SDMicro card, I would advise against saving to the flash card. Stick to the SRAM method (What to do when saving doesn't work or your card gets corrupted - forcing SRAM Saves). The downside, as you will read, is that your .ini file will never be automatically updated. The flipside, is that your SD card will not become corrupt.

Hold tight, according to this forum, agentq has a fix for the Supercard Saves in the works. Also, upgrading to 1.7 may not be a good idea either, just yet.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

If you value your SDMicro card, I would advise against saving to the flash card.
Just to clarify this, ScummVM (or any homebrew, for that matter) cannot physically damage your SD/CF card. It can corrupt it badly, but it is always recoverable.
tetzlaff

Post by tetzlaff »

agentq wrote:
but it is always recoverable.

You are right, I did recover it. However, my two pc's at home choked on it when I tried to reformat it. It took my work notebook with a built in memory card slot and a lot of patience to get it formatted again.