Indy last crusade MAC OSX help

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

totalscumm

Indy last crusade MAC OSX help

Post by totalscumm »

Hi,

I'm trying to run Indy on a Mac OS X, but it doesn't work, saying that it cannot find the game file. Is there a hidden data file? I just have the application and assorted files, do I have to put these on a fake disk?

Thanks . . .
Nagra

Post by Nagra »

Hi,

when you add a game via SCUMMVM and the small finder-window opens you only have to point to the FOLDER in which the game files are located.
Here is a fine newbie guide:
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... index.html
clone2727
Retired

Re: Indy last crusade MAC OSX help

Post by clone2727 »

EDIT: Oh, Last Crusade! I thought it was FOA. Never mind then. The CD version has it in three subfolders that need to be merged to one. The floppy should be on each floppy.

Also, the grail text doesn't work so good luck!
totalscumm

Post by totalscumm »

I indeed did select the game folder . . .

In my version, there are three folders associated with the game, Rooms 1, Rooms 2, and Rooms 3. So i should combine them into one? The thing is, some of the associated files have the same name, and I don't know if renaming them would mess things up.

The grail diary doesn't work??? Does that mean you cannot do the translations at the beginning, or you can't look at the diary at all? That would make the completion of the game damn near impossible.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

In order to make ScummVM properly detect the Mac version of Indy3, you currently have to copy all the files from "Rooms 1", "Rooms 2" and "Rooms 3" into a single directory. Alternatively, for pro, you could manually add the game to your config file (with a text editor).

The only duplicate file should be 00.LFL, but it's indeed *duplicate*, meaning that all three versions of it are 100% identical, so it doesn't matter.
Whomper

Post by Whomper »

I've never had a problem finishing Indy 3 on OS X, so I'm not sure what the Grail Text reference is about. You will need your original Grail Diary from the box though, if you're to have any hope of finishing the game.