Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade help

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Herrscher wrote:
Dark_Flare wrote:It's not a coincidence that you directed me to this computer course class, but it is a coincidence that it's in the same university where I'm studying... right?
Yes.
Herrscher, now that's interesting. What made you make such assumption? Reading my mind with supernatural powers? No, it was not a coincidence. I looked up where Dark_Flare is from.

Eugene
clem

Post by clem »

ScummVM is really just a cover project for the NSA

of course the source is GPL, but have you ever wondered what sinister routines are hidden in the datafiles?

you can see this clearly when noticing all the carnivores in the games (BASS subway? sam?)

*grabs tinfoil hat* THEY ARE AFTER ME!
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

I KNEW IT!

There just had to be something in ScummVM that's making me so addicted.
Dark_Flare

Post by Dark_Flare »

hum... interesting... but how could you find where I'm studying? I think that's impossible... So that part should be a coincidence, right? I was almost starting to believe that you where my teacher and you recognized me because of my nick... I'm going to get that book as soon as I can, but there is this guy that wrote some books on the subject that says that would be better to start by learning C... Do you think I can understand C++ without knowing C?
By the way Herrscher, I do have programming, but we use Octave which is not very similar to C++ (my teacher said Octave, like Fortran and Pascal, is a imperative language, while C++ and Java are object directed languages... I don't know what this means exactly, I just know that Octave and Pascal are kind of easy when we compare them with C++). We study programming 'cause nowadays engeneering is very computer based, so it helps a lot to at least have a small idea of how programs work. Also, we can make our own programs if there isn't any program that suits our needs.
Sooner or later I'll drop by to say if I could do it or not... Wish me luck... I'm going to need it :?
clem

Post by clem »

(ok I'm guessing here, but) the forum mods can see your IP address, which resolves nicely to your ISP - if you happen to access the site through your university he sees the string, opens the website, just needs to surf to the right department and paste the link here.

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm also a good tool :-)

hope I didn't spoil the magic
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Well, I refuse to believe anything else than sev actually having psychic powers beyond our imagination. :wink: :D
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

joachimeberhard wrote:Well, I refuse to believe anything else than sev actually having psychic powers beyond our imagination. :wink: :D
Oh, no.

I saw him just yesterday, lifting a 3to truck with just his left-hand little finger, he then saved a cat
from a tree with his psychokinesis and redirected an earth-crushing asteroid to not hit the planet...

he then flew home with his cape and the big red "S" on his chest, which occasionally stands for

sev... :-P

:-D

edit: to be not completely OFF-Topic:
He also implemented something in ScummVM, well, at least something :-)
Dark_Flare

Post by Dark_Flare »

That's a great theory, but I was in my house... Good idea, though. And, by the way, as far as I know, the whole university sites are in Portuguese, and he not only directed me to the right departmente, he also found the exact course where you learn about C++ and how to compile the programs... To do that, he probably understand portuguese quite fine... Which ain't nothing so special, but it's quite a coincidence anyhow
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Eugene
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The natives are getting suspicious. I suggest we re-route power from the impulse engines and sett he orbital mind control lasers to stun.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

eriktorbjorn wrote:The natives are getting suspicious. I suggest we re-route power from the impulse engines and sett he orbital mind control lasers to stun.
LOL
Dark_Flare

Post by Dark_Flare »

I'm going to start learning C, my teacher says he was teaching on last year, and in the next semester I'm going to go to that programming classes to learn C++ too. By the time I learn how to do this, it'll probably be allready implemented on SCUMMvm official release, but it's a good excuse to learn it :wink: