Beneath a steel sky menu not working/not showing

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lovespuds

Beneath a steel sky menu not working/not showing

Post by lovespuds »

Hi I was wondering if you knew why beneath a steel skys point and click menu does not show with this latest version of Scumm for the GP2X?. It will play the intro movie right up to the first puzzle then it does not show a menu to choose Use/open/pick up etc....
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Beneath a steel sky menu not working/not showing

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lovespuds wrote:Hi I was wondering if you knew why beneath a steel skys point and click menu does not show with this latest version of Scumm for the GP2X?. It will play the intro movie right up to the first puzzle then it does not show a menu to choose Use/open/pick up etc....
I don't know how the GP2X handles things, but with the desktop version of ScummVM you either left-click on an item to examine it, or right-click to use it. Moving the cursor to the top of the screen brings up the inventory where - again - you can left- or right-click on any item. The difference is that with inventory items, the game assumes that you want to use it on another item. The cursor changes to indicate this.

When using an item on another item, it doesn't matter if you left- or right-click.

In other words, there is no menu.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: Beneath a steel sky menu not working/not showing

Post by DJWillis »

lovespuds wrote:Hi I was wondering if you knew why beneath a steel skys point and click menu does not show with this latest version of Scumm for the GP2X?. It will play the intro movie right up to the first puzzle then it does not show a menu to choose Use/open/pick up etc....
I am not quite sure what you mean? Are you used to playing BASS on a port such as the NDS that has custom handling for right clicks?

The behaviour of BASS on the GP2X is just as eriktorbjorn describes. The 0.9.1 release has the known issues with only auto saves working (check the compatibility list) but aside from that I am not aware of any issues.

For reference the main controls used for BASS, as found in the GP2X readme, are...

B: Left click
X: Right click

Regards,

John