Flight of the Amazon Queen Game Menu?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Purpledump

Flight of the Amazon Queen Game Menu?

Post by Purpledump »

This might also affect Beneath a Steel Sky. Basically, I cannot access the game menu by pressing "start" (like you would with Lucasarts games for instance). I'm running on M3 Lite, Sandisk Ultra microSD card, Queen is detected, loads fine, speech and all works, which I still find amazing.

I thought maybe there's an icon somwhere I need to click to access the in-game menu (not the ScummVM menu you get by pressing select), but I can't get to it at all for saving progress etc. I've been trawling through these boards and the net to find an answer. I'm going to try the SRAM save method, but in the meantime, can anyone confirm/deny that for ScummVM build B, you cannot access game-menu. THANKS!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

ScummVM DS is in a fairly advanced state. I think I would have noticed if something as basic as that was missing, don't you?

Use the journal in your inventory to save in Flight of the Amazon Queen. Beneath a Steel Sky displays a menu when you hit start. In case you ever play Simon the Sorceror, in that game you need to use the postcard in your inventory to save or load.
Purpledump

Post by Purpledump »

Thanks agentq for pointing to the bladdy journal. I'm Too used to games holding my hand and pointing out things like this during the "tutorial" stages. Ah the good old days of reading through paper manuals :).

"...I think I would have noticed if something as basic as that was missing, don't you?"

No doubt, I didn't mean to say that the feature had been missed. I just feard that maybe a combination of the way the game was transferred via Gamemanager or hitting A instead of Start, or the scumm version I was using or any combination of the above stopped me accessing the game menu.