Okay so I have a Spanish CD and English Floppy ver. of DOTT

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chone

Okay so I have a Spanish CD and English Floppy ver. of DOTT

Post by Chone »

The Spanish cd version has english dialogue but the spanish menus and subtitles and name of the items really detract from the experience, is there anyway I can add the voices from the spanish version to the floppy english version? Using the monster file with the tentacle.001 files from the english version didn't work, the game booted and everything but no voices and a constant message (sfx: sound can't be found at offset xxxxxxx) or something like that...

Am I screwed or what? I have ScummVM 9.2 and the 9.0 tools, what can I do? Surely someone must know.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Okay so I have a Spanish CD and English Floppy ver. of D

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Chone wrote:is there anyway I can add the voices from the spanish version to the floppy english version?
As far as I know, the CD floppy verion's script won't even try to play any voice-overs except during the intro. And where it does try to play voice-overs, the script indicates the exact offset in the monster.sou file where it expects to find it.

In other words, I wouldn't expect it to work.