Sam and Max Mac. problem

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ahmad

Sam and Max Mac. problem

Post by ahmad »

Hello, I'm a little new to SCUMMVM, but generally I can get it to work. Recently, I bought a Macintosh version of Sam and Max. Normally I'd just drag the files into the folder, but this time, it won't let me. It says it didn't recognize the file or something. Can anyone help? I use a G5 10.4 Mac.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Sam and Max Mac. problem

Post by clone2727 »

ahmad wrote:Hello, I'm a little new to SCUMMVM, but generally I can get it to work. Recently, I bought a Macintosh version of Sam and Max. Normally I'd just drag the files into the folder, but this time, it won't let me. It says it didn't recognize the file or something. Can anyone help? I use a G5 10.4 Mac.
The file is hidden is on the disc.
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

Oh. Okay. Is it just called Sam & Max Data or is there a name for it? By the way, thanks for responding so quickly. I'm sorry I sound like such a noob.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

ahmad wrote:Oh. Okay. Is it just called Sam & Max Data or is there a name for it? By the way, thanks for responding so quickly. I'm sorry I sound like such a noob.
Yeah, it's just called Sam & Max Data.
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

There's an icon of Sam in the CD's files that says Sam & Max on it. I added that to my hard drive and put in into a folder, but SCUMMVM still says it cannot recognize the directory file or something like that. So I'm still having trouble getting it to work.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

ahmad wrote:There's an icon of Sam in the CD's files that says Sam & Max on it. I added that to my hard drive and put in into a folder, but SCUMMVM still says it cannot recognize the directory file or something like that. So I'm still having trouble getting it to work.
Which version of ScummVM do you use?
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

Version 9.1 Macintosh.

I just recently got it and haven't tried any other games on it. Hopfully they all work as they worked on the last version. 8.1
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

I think the "Sam and Max" file is the application. Did you get the "Sam and Max Data" file?
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

Hmm. You're right, it is the application. Where exactly can I find the Sam & Max Data File? Is it in the CD Software folder, or somewhere else?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

ahmad wrote:Hmm. You're right, it is the application. Where exactly can I find the Sam & Max Data File? Is it in the CD Software folder, or somewhere else?
It's in the main directory, but it's hidden.
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

If It's hidden, how do I find it? I really apologize for my lack of knowledge on these matters.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

ahmad wrote:If It's hidden, how do I find it? I really apologize for my lack of knowledge on these matters.
There is a command (though I can't remember what it is atm) to show all hidden files.
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

Alright!

I found it and I'm copying it now. Thanks a lot for your help. But while I'm here, is there a way to turn that file into a non-hidden file?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

ahmad wrote:I found it and I'm copying it now. Thanks a lot for your help. But while I'm here, is there a way to turn that file into a non-hidden file?
Change the ownerships and permissions on it. cmd+i
ahmad

Post by ahmad »

Do I change it to read only? or REad and Write? Or no access? Or am I looking in the wrong spot?

By the way S&M works great. Thanks.