ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Help and Support > Sam and Max Mac. problem Goto page 1, 2  Next
Sam and Max Mac. problem
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
ahmad



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10
Sam and Max Mac. problem 

Hello, I'm a little new to SCUMMVM, but generally I can get it to work. Recently, I bought a Macintosh version of Sam and Max. Normally I'd just drag the files into the folder, but this time, it won't let me. It says it didn't recognize the file or something. Can anyone help? I use a G5 10.4 Mac.

 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 1543
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Sam and Max Mac. problem 

quote:
Originally posted by ahmad
Hello, I'm a little new to SCUMMVM, but generally I can get it to work. Recently, I bought a Macintosh version of Sam and Max. Normally I'd just drag the files into the folder, but this time, it won't let me. It says it didn't recognize the file or something. Can anyone help? I use a G5 10.4 Mac.


The file is hidden is on the disc.
 Reply with quote  
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
ahmad



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10
 

Oh. Okay. Is it just called Sam & Max Data or is there a name for it? By the way, thanks for responding so quickly. I'm sorry I sound like such a noob.

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 1543
Location: NJ, USA
 

quote:
Originally posted by ahmad
Oh. Okay. Is it just called Sam & Max Data or is there a name for it? By the way, thanks for responding so quickly. I'm sorry I sound like such a noob.


Yeah, it's just called Sam & Max Data.
 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
ahmad



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10
 

There's an icon of Sam in the CD's files that says Sam & Max on it. I added that to my hard drive and put in into a folder, but SCUMMVM still says it cannot recognize the directory file or something like that. So I'm still having trouble getting it to work.

 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 1543
Location: NJ, USA
 

quote:
Originally posted by ahmad
There's an icon of Sam in the CD's files that says Sam & Max on it. I added that to my hard drive and put in into a folder, but SCUMMVM still says it cannot recognize the directory file or something like that. So I'm still having trouble getting it to work.


Which version of ScummVM do you use?
 Reply with quote  
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
ahmad



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10
 

Version 9.1 Macintosh.

I just recently got it and haven't tried any other games on it. Hopfully they all work as they worked on the last version. 8.1

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 1543
Location: NJ, USA
 

I think the "Sam and Max" file is the application. Did you get the "Sam and Max Data" file?

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
ahmad



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10
 

Hmm. You're right, it is the application. Where exactly can I find the Sam & Max Data File? Is it in the CD Software folder, or somewhere else?

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 1543
Location: NJ, USA
 

quote:
Originally posted by ahmad
Hmm. You're right, it is the application. Where exactly can I find the Sam & Max Data File? Is it in the CD Software folder, or somewhere else?


It's in the main directory, but it's hidden.
 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message
ahmad



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10
 

If It's hidden, how do I find it? I really apologize for my lack of knowledge on these matters.

 Reply with quote  
Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 1543
Location: NJ, USA
 

quote:
Originally posted by ahmad
If It's hidden, how do I find it? I really apologize for my lack of knowledge on these matters.


There is a command (though I can't remember what it is atm) to show all hidden files.
 Reply with quote  
Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
ahmad



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10
 

Alright!

I found it and I'm copying it now. Thanks a lot for your help. But while I'm here, is there a way to turn that file into a non-hidden file?

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
clone2727
ScummVM Team Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 1543
Location: NJ, USA
 

quote:
Originally posted by ahmad
I found it and I'm copying it now. Thanks a lot for your help. But while I'm here, is there a way to turn that file into a non-hidden file?


Change the ownerships and permissions on it. cmd+i
 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message
ahmad



Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10
 

Do I change it to read only? or REad and Write? Or no access? Or am I looking in the wrong spot?

By the way S&M works great. Thanks.

 Reply with quote  
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
  Display posts from previous:      
Reply to topic

Forum Jump:
 
Goto page 1, 2  Next


Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2006 phpBB Group
Forum design by ScummVM team, icons by raina
curved edge   curved edge