ScummVM 0.9.1 released!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dourden

Post by dourden »

Supercard lite has 2 apps

1º to patch the ROMs (which creates de .sav), but if i try with it, an addres violation appears.

2º to patch the homebrew. I've aready used it and it dosen´t create any .sav
dourden

Post by dourden »

AgentQ, I've realized that some of the game files were corrupted (I don't know why).

I've copied again the game and now works good, saving and loading save files :)

I've also tried with Monkey Island 2 and works, but when I try to save, the DS lite hangs and a black screen appears.
I turned off, turned on and after starting again scumm ds and load Monkey island 2, there is a save game file named "invalid savegame" or somthething like that.

When I try with 0.91 beta2, I can save perfectly and also I can load this save game in the 0.91 final perfectly.

Spyder, I've created the save game, but still I need to press R everytime.

Thanks everybody again and sorry for the inconveniences.
Chuckaluphagus

Saving isn't working with Monkey Island 2

Post by Chuckaluphagus »

dourden wrote:
I've also tried with Monkey Island 2 and works, but when I try to save, the DS lite hangs and a black screen appears.
I turned off, turned on and after starting again scumm ds and load Monkey island 2, there is a save game file named "invalid savegame" or somthething like that.
I have the identical problem; I'm using a SuperCard SD. I'm back to using version 0.61, which works perfectly for me. Agentq, if you want any debug/configuration information, feel free to ask. Thanks for all your work.
dourden

Post by dourden »

AgentQ, I don't know if you know that supercard has release the I/O libraries code

http://eng.supercard.cn/download/supercard_io.zip

They are written in ARM assembler.

May be it can help you.

Thanks
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Chishm (the guy who wrote libfat, which scummvm uses) already knows about it:

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=106659#106659
dourden

Post by dourden »

I hope it can help the supercard's users
sittingduck

Post by sittingduck »

Small issue: When launching for the first time using my M3 Lite the left shoulder button isn't detected. However, after switching off and trying again it works fine. This happened on both A and B versions. And the settings are stored fine, so it's really almost nothing - just thought I'd mention it.
Aokubidaikon

Re: Saving isn't working with Monkey Island 2

Post by Aokubidaikon »

Chuckaluphagus wrote:
dourden wrote:
I have the identical problem; I'm using a SuperCard SD. I'm back to using version 0.61, which works perfectly for me. Agentq, if you want any debug/configuration information, feel free to ask. Thanks for all your work.
Ditto here and on Monkey Island 1 also, black screen on saving.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Everyone having problems saving on Supercard should use the SRAM save method.

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#forcesram
dourden

Post by dourden »

Do you think that this issue will be fixed shortly?

I suppose that it is related with the new versions because in the older ones(0.61,0.91b1 and b2) I could save perfectly.

Thanks
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

No. There is no working driver for the Supercard. The one included with 0.9.1 is the same code as 0.61, so why it would act differently beats me. Some people can save fine on the Supercard, and others can't, it seems.

I don't have a Supercard, and I'm not writing the Supercard drivers, I'm writing ScummVM. If it doesn't work, you will need to get a card reader that does, or use SRAM saves.
dourden

Post by dourden »

Ok, don´t be upset with me, I ask because I don´t understand and because I think that my questions can help you or someone else.

Bye
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Sorry for being harsh, but 'Why doesn't my flash card reader work?' accounts for about 95% of all questions I get asked. Probably something like 5 - 10 times a day, counting this board and all the emails I get.

And I never wanted to end up working on the drivers at all.
dourden

Post by dourden »

I understand you, but I asked you it not as a I/O question, I asked you it because I thought that if it was working on 0.61 and now it dosen't works (at least for me), it could be related with your code.

At this moment I've understood that I/O issues aren't related with scummVM and I won't ask it again.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Aokubidaikon

Post by Aokubidaikon »

agentq wrote:Everyone having problems saving on Supercard should use the SRAM save method.
Doing that, makes no difference :(