ScummVM 0.9.1 released!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

ScummVM 0.9.1 released!

Post by agentq »

As you may have noticed from the front page of this site, ScummVM 0.9.1 has been released, and that includes the DS version. This version is identical to 0.9.1 beta6.

There's also an update to the website, which now includes such technological wonders as... a table of contents! Wooo!

If anyone has any issues with the readme or the website, including inaccuracies or information which should be there and isn't, please let me know and I'll add it if I see fit.

Thanks
Shenmue_Saga

Post by Shenmue_Saga »

The PSP version runs at 333Mhz? and the Broken Sword movies are now suported in this final version?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Perhaps you should ask about that in the PSP forum rather than the DS one?
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

Excellent work agentq!
BPM

Post by BPM »

Argh... It's still telling me "Flash cart not found"...
I've tried deleting every trace of ScummVM from my microSD card... And every time I put it back on, it keeps saying the same...

Anyone else using an M3 Lite with success? Any suggestions?
dourden

Post by dourden »

It dosen't work for my SC lite as well :(
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Works perfectly on SC CF as usual. Great work :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

BPM, you need to reformat your card as it says in the FAQ. Please follow the instructions exactly. Many other people have it working on M3 Lite.

dourden, it DOES work on SC Lite too. Have you held the right shoulder button on startup? Have you set up the SRAM properly?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Both my M3 lite and my old miniSD work perfect for me, as they did in beta 6 :)
kv83

Post by kv83 »

- wrong topic - :lol:
dourden

Post by dourden »

Hello again.

Agentq, if i press R button on start up it works, but I have to press R button every time that I start the scumm ds

Maybe I didn't explain me corretly when I wrote that dosen´t works, sorry :(

I only play monkey Island CD and when I press A to play, the Ds turns off suddenly

Sorry AgentQ, but what do you mean with "Have you set up the SRAM properly?"

I've been reading and I've found that there is a SRAM method to save files, but this is not my problem.
Is there any other staff related to SRAM?

Thanks for you work, and sorry for the inconveniences
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

To use Monkey Island CD you need to convert your CD audio to ADPCM. Instructions on how to do this is on the ScummVM DS website (and in the readme_ds.txt in 0.9.1).

If you have MP3 audio files you generated for ScummVM on the PC, this can cause the DS version to break.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

dourden wrote:Sorry AgentQ, but what do you mean with "Have you set up the SRAM properly?"
you need to copy the scummvm NDS file using your SC software, so that it sets up a save game file (like you get when you copy a game rom file). scummvm uses that to store your preference for holding R on startup.
dourden

Post by dourden »

o use Monkey Island CD you need to convert your CD audio to ADPCM. Instructions on how to do this is on the ScummVM DS website (and in the readme_ds.txt in 0.9.1).
I've using WAV files since 0.61 and it was working good untill 0.91 beta3
you need to copy the scummvm NDS file using your SC software, so that it sets up a save game file (like you get when you copy a game rom file). scummvm uses that to store your preference for holding R on startup.
I'm not sure if I undestood you, but I'll try to do it anyway :)

Thanks
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

somewhere you will have an app (for my M3 it's called the M3 game manager) which is designed to patch NDS roms so they run from your SC Lite.

This app also creates a file that the SC Lite uses to store NDS save games - scummvm requires that to remember that you held down the R button on startup.

If you use that app (did you get a CD with your SC Lite?) and copy scummvm across everything will be peachy.