Moderator: ScummVM Team

ebbi

UNIX dependencies

Post by ebbi »

Hi all,

I tried to run the Solaris (SPARC) port, but it tells me:
ld.so.1: scummvm: fatal: libmpeg2.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Where can I get binaries for dependent libraries, so that I don't need to compile it on my own?

Thanks,
Ebbi
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

I'm no Solaris expert, but how about this one?
ebbi

Post by ebbi »

Many thanks, but it doesn't seem quite up to date. The latest libmpeg.1.3.1 is for Solaris 8 on SPARC32. ;)
laurent
ScummVM Builder

Post by laurent »

That's why I'm putting all the needed libs in the Solaris x86 package, because a game should always be easy to install :-)

I believe for SPARC, you can use Blastwave to get the needed libs:
http://www.blastwave.org/

Once you've set up pkg-get, just do:
pkg-get -i mpeg2dec
You may have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running ScummVM if it doesn't look for the libs there (it's generally not a good idea to use that, unless there's no other choice):
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/csw/lib
ebbi

Post by ebbi »

Yep, many thanks.

Blastwave is an option, but I just made a quick attempt on my office machine with no internet connection. I'll try it at another time. :)
laurent
ScummVM Builder

Post by laurent »

I think you'd need more than one, because libmpeg2 is not the only dependency you need:

libmpeg2.so.0 => (file not found)
libSDL-1.2.so.0 => (file not found)
libstdc++.so.5 => (file not found)
libgcc_s.so.1 => (file not found)
ebbi

Post by ebbi »

Puh... :roll:
Some documentation would be nice when rolling out binaries. :wink:
Thanks to my job, I currently don't have the amount of time I would like to spend on that topic.
laurent
ScummVM Builder

Post by laurent »

It's because WooShell targets Solaris 8 SPARC, which is not as easy as the Solaris 10 x86 I'm doing.
Since I've started recently doing my builds, we're working separately.
I've sent him a message, maybe we can cooperate to make our builds similar. In my package, I include all the dependencies, so there's no need to install anything else (there might be the right libs already present, but I believe it's not worth bothering to save a few MB).

BTW, since you're a Solaris user, I've got a question.

I'm doing a real package myself, it's not a tarball. Which means root is needed to install it (though it's relocatable and can be put anywhere).
Do you:
a) Like it that way, because it's a clean and easy way to install using pkgadd, and tells you which Solaris dependencies are needed?
b) Don't like that, and if so, why? (don't have root, and can't install packages, don't like packages, etc)
c) Don't have an opinion about it?
ebbi

Post by ebbi »

Hi laurent,

in that case I'd prefer a), because it is convenient to use the built-in package management. Same with HP-UX, I also prefer .depot files from HP directly, as they contain all dependencies.