Maybe I'm missing something?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TooManyGames

Maybe I'm missing something?

Post by TooManyGames »

Got my M3 Perfect Lite & PassCard tonight and one of the first things I wanted to try out is to fire up some DOTT, but apparently I'm doing something wrong.

I copied both the a&b versions of the SCUMMVM file to my flash card, copied my DOTT folder off my CD to the flash card, fired up the SCUMMVM program on my DS Lite, had it try to load up my DOTT folder, but it says something to the effect of no game available. Am I missing a step somewhere?
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

First make sure you have copied the right files. See http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles
Then add the game in SCUMMVM. You'll only see folders when browsing to the game, it won't display files. So just go to the folder and add it. Scummvm should detect the game and add it.
TooManyGames

Post by TooManyGames »

Same error. Lemme list out what I'm doing, perhaps I'm doing a step wrong.

Copied MONSTER.SOU, TENTACLE.000, TENTACLE.001 to the dott directory on my flash (MicroSD) card. The directory structure would be ../dott/
Copied scummvm-a.nds to the root directory on the flash card (since DOTT is listed as an 'a' game, that's the one I copied).
Turned on my DS
Launched scummvm-a.nds
Clicked Add Game...
Clicked my dott directory
Clicked Choose
Error: "ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory!"

Ideas? My setup is a M3 Perfect Lite and PassCard on a DS Lite.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

Strange. It should work, the steps are correct.

Which version of scummvm are you using?
also, try to run the file with the pc version of scummvm. does that one too say cannot detect?
and did you hold L at the first scummvm startup to enable the m3 driver?
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

The m3 driver is initialized, otherwise he would not be able to navigate the card. Question is... Is the game ok? None of the files are corrupted?
Does SCUMMVM for the pc recognizes and loads the game?
TooManyGames

Post by TooManyGames »

Yup, the game files are all working fine. Downloaded ScummVM for Windows tonight and loaded up DOTT, loads and plays fine.

I saw in another thread something about trying a zip file method. I zipped up the 3 DOTT files (uncompressed) and put them in my ../dott/ directory (../dott/dott.zip), still got the same error message.

Should I try using the GBA launcher with the GBA file?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You should have read the post on this forum entitied "Everything about ScummVM DS. READ BEFORE POSTING." It explains the zip method.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

you can't play DOTT in zip mode, it's 300mb.

Try what just fixed my issue with an M3 - copy everything off the card, right click on the card's drive in windows -> format

choose FAT filesystem, and ensure quick format is unchecked (also ensure you're doing this on the correct drive ;))

after it's formatted, copy everything back and try again.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You can play every game in zip mode if you have the floppy version. It's only talkie versions that are over 30Mb.
TooManyGames

Post by TooManyGames »

Try what just fixed my issue with an M3 - copy everything off the card, right click on the card's drive in windows -> format

choose FAT filesystem, and ensure quick format is unchecked (also ensure you're doing this on the correct drive Wink)

after it's formatted, copy everything back and try again.
Did that last night too. 8*)

I'm gonna keep persevering and eventually I'll figure it out and post on here how I did it.
TooManyGames

Post by TooManyGames »

agentq wrote:You can play every game in zip mode if you have the floppy version. It's only talkie versions that are over 30Mb.
I don't have the floppy version, all I have available is the CD version.
Scandal_UK

Post by Scandal_UK »

Try the .gba version (renamed to .nds).

Also try to add scummvmds via the disk manager that comes with your m3 software.

This would ensure that you have save-game space for scummvm.

Could be that your config doesn't save...? Just a guess - I only use the zip method due to having a g6 lite!
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

TooManyGames wrote:
agentq wrote:You can play every game in zip mode if you have the floppy version. It's only talkie versions that are over 30Mb.
I don't have the floppy version, all I have available is the CD version.
Try the floppy version. It has the same graphics, but not full-speech. Snip
clem

Post by clem »

kedest83 wrote:snip
hello, this is your friendly forum rule #0 reminder. Have a nice day.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

so? i'm not giving detailed instructions.