ScummVM on Smartphone (QTek 8310)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pa9an

ScummVM on Smartphone (QTek 8310)

Post by Pa9an »

I've installed ScummVM 0.8.0 today on my new QVGA QTek 8310 (WM5) by copying the exe into a newly created folder in "Program Files" on the mobile.

When I started the program, the GUI came up (it looked like the one from Windows). I was wondering, though, as it was displayed scaled in Portrait mode and not (using the QVGA display) in Landscape...

Further I wasn't able to move the cursor with the mobile's joystick or any other keys...

Any clue what I might do wrong??
daveoggy

Post by daveoggy »

I have the I-Mate SP5 which is essentially the same phone. I've managed to get the ScummVM running in landscape mode by manually editing the scummvm.ini file. Just add the following line under the [scummvm] section:

landscape=yes

Unfortunately I am also unable to control the curser and cannot work out how to solve that problem.
Pa9an

Post by Pa9an »

@daveoggy
Thanks for this! Well, at least it's a start to get things going the right way... ;)
daveoggy

Post by daveoggy »

I posted a bug report on Sourceforge about this problem but it seems to have been removed. Either I didn't do it right (probably) or it was deleted.

Can anyone help me report this bug properly?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

AS a first thing, you have to specify your real working e-mail address on your sf.net profile. This is essential, as sf.net sends all changes and follow-ups to that e-mail.

You didn't supply enough information, and yout bugreport was put in pending state, no need to submit another one. It's still there: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... p_id=37116

Eugene
daveoggy

Post by daveoggy »

Sev, thanks for the advice. I though I had added the report using my newly registered profile - which should include my email address - but I probably screwed up. I have updated the bug report to include as much infomation as I can at the present.

I would like more information on the CVS builds if possible and the bug report system does not seem like the place to pose such a request. Are CVS file available in binary format or do I have to compile them myself and if binary formats are availble could a link be provided?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

daveoggy wrote:I would like more information on the CVS builds
I don't think there are PocketPC builds for current CVS available.
daveoggy wrote:Are CVS file available in binary format
It seems that you mix CVS with builds. CVS is a source code repository, and you need to compile that source code with appropriate tools to get a build. CVS builds are regular such compiles which some developers create and make downloadable.
daveoggy wrote: or do I have to compile them myself and if binary formats are availble could a link be provided?
All current links to official CVS builds are gathered here

Eugene
daveoggy

Post by daveoggy »

Ok, I updated the report on SourceForge and have yet to recieve any further response.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I realise this software is donation only, I'm simply wondering what an average response time for a bug is?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

daveoggy wrote: I'm simply wondering what an average response time for a bug is?
It depends on amount of free time of those devs who are able to fix the bug. Some bugs get fixed almost immediately, and some of our bugreports are more than 3 years old.

Eugene
Chaos ZERO

Post by Chaos ZERO »

Hi!

I got the Orange SPV C600 (Qtek 8310 with disactivated WiFi module and different form-factor)...

I run ScummVM but the curser don't work... How can I fix that problem?
Pa9an

Post by Pa9an »

Looks like a couple of people using newer Smartphones seem to have that problem.

@Chaos ZERO:
What OS is the SPV 600 using? WM5 as well? As the Qtek 8310 does?

@ Arisme:
Could this issue be related to your should in your readme's Support for Windows Mobile 5 is experimental but should work. Waiting for tester inputs :p :roll:
kacee

Post by kacee »

As Chaos Zero told, the cursor doens't work on an HTC Tornado (aka imate sp5, qtek 8300/8310, orange spv600). The cursor does't respond on the joystick as well on the keypad numbers.

The HTC Tornado runs WM5.
sepecat

Post by sepecat »

Tthe cursor doens't work on an HTC spv C550 , keypad numbers to. (win 2003se).
kam

Post by kam »

Are you using the 'undocumented' keyboard hook? It's broken on WM5 :(
Aparently its to do with security but i havn't found a way to get it to work, even if the app is signed.
Chaos ZERO

Post by Chaos ZERO »

Maybe we should try something with RegeditSTG?