Version 0.9.1beta6 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Version 0.9.1beta6 released for testing!

Post by agentq »

Well, there's one day left before code lockdown for 0.9.1. So this pretty much has to be the last build. If there are any major bugs in this version, they need to be reported and fixed before 7pm GMT on Sunday.

If you have an SC SD, note that ScummVM DS may corrupt your SD card! Back up your data first, and run ScummVM DS at your own risk!

For this build, I would like to hear about problems with any specific game.

So, here's what's new:

Beta 6:

* Fixed held keys not being detected on startup
* Fixed SCSD driver
* Fixed broken icon

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#download

Post your bug reports, comments, fan mail, and death threats here.
Last edited by agentq on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Works perfectly on SC CF as always :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, I thought it might. :-)

I've been giving it a hammering playing several games and it seems to work okay on all the cards I have.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

M3 MiniSD v2, with a 2GB Transcend 80x card -> Working!
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

Works great here with M3 Lite.

ZRV
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

Not got a lot of time this morning, but I'm pleased to report that this latest release seems to be working very well. Running on a SC SD I've succesfully loaded FoA, Kyrandia (yay!) and Zak McKracken with no problems. Not tested out saving/loading thoroughly as of yet, but managed to load a saved game in Zak McKracken and save and load in Kyrandia without any hitches.

Fantastic job AgentQ! :D
dourden

Post by dourden »

Supercard lite 1.63 with a Sandisc 1Gb ULTRA II

Flashcard reader not found :(

I've tried pressing L with the same result :(
caw

Post by caw »

Few problems with this beta.

Using:
Supercard lite
DS lite
Dane-elec 512mb micro SD

Monkey 1 plays, saves, loads ok. But monkey 2 and dott crash when attempting to save, on reboot this savefile is named as "Invalid Savegame".

Sometimes forgets what driver (m3 or sd) to use when starting, but game settings/paths are still saved as are in-game settings.

I renamed scummvm-a.ds.gba to scummvm.nds, patched with Moonshell and placed onto newly-formatted card..

My hardware set-up worked fine with flashtest version.

Sorry for the bit of bad news.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Ok caw, I will make a note on the page that sc lite is unreliable when l update it.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

I've been on holiday for 3 weeks, when I got back I was delighted to see that M3 support is fixed - and am very pleased to report that on my M3 miniSD DOTT works full speed in talkie mode, and saves fine :D

I have to say though, it's a little unintuitive to double tap on folders to open them - when browsing I automatically tried to use the "choose" button, and it tried to use the folder for data instead of opening it.

Also, I edited the ini file to change the save folder and then scummvm hung after "found flash card reader" until I deleted the ini.
Wootz

Post by Wootz »

I've a SC Lite (Micro SD) and it works first time without moonshell patching by holding R when launching the program. Thanks AgentQ :)

Edit: Hmm, when I tried launching Monkey Island CD Version (MP3 Audio) it just turned my DS off. When I went to relaunch ScummVM, it forgot I had held R previously... Very odd.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

mp3 is not supported
tlv

Post by tlv »

The version works very well on my m3 miniSD V3. Thanks for the great work.

Best regards,
Eric
BPM

Post by BPM »

Using:
  • JP Enamel Navy DS Lite (firmware: FlashMe V7)
  • US M3 Lite (firmware: v29e)
  • Kingston 1GB microSD
  • scummvm-a.nds (non-ZIP method)
It booted up a couple of times with no problems. Then after I tried to save a game for Sam & Max, it tells me on the next boot that the flash card reader cannot be found.

I cleared SRAM, but that didn't fix it.

I deleted the Sam & Max save file, but that didn't fix it, either.

I deleted the INI file, and it still says it can't be found.

I even deleted the .NDS file (and its save), via the M3 manager, then re-downloaded it to my M3, and it still gives me the same error!

... Any suggestions to fix this?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

no such problems on my m3 miniSD, although there seem to be a few glitches in sam & max.

The audio is a little glitchy (game seems to lag a bit) during the intro sequence before the credits, and when in any of the menus (start, select or keyboard) there is a flickering where the multi-use cursor normally is.

maybe I spoke too soon... after saving, every time I go to load sam & max my DS just turns off :(
all other games are fine, except monkey2 which I will post a bug report about in a minute.