Kyrandia 1 working?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Dreamcast port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

crossbow777

Kyrandia 1 working?

Post by crossbow777 »

As the topic states. I apologize if this is in some FAQ for the DC port. I have Kyrandia 1 CD Talkie working just fine on the Windows port of ScummVM. But cannot get the DC version to work. I saw an earlier post that stated the demo version was working in the previous .8 version.

ScummVM can see my Kyrandia CD when I put it into the DC and shows it in the list to play. But when I select it..it just goes to a blank screen at that point and seems to lock up the DC.

I think tried to copy just the required Kyrandia files to a separate folder and burn them along with ScummVM for the DC. Doing this, the game appears in the list...but when I select it, an error comes up saying "No version of Kyrandia found".

So..is it safe to assume that Kyrandia isn't working with the DC port yet?

I have looked at all the FAQs I know..but have never seen a specific one for the DC port or a compatibility list for the DC port. So I apologize if this is found elsewhere.
nozomi

Post by nozomi »

You need the "KYRA.DAT" file located on the downloads section of the SCUMMVM page. Put that in the same folder as all the other Kyrandia files.

But sadly the game doesn't run on the DC version properly. It will take a few minutes to load (while heavily taxing the Dreamcast cd drive) then the intro will start. But the game crashed before the intro completes.
crossbow777

Post by crossbow777 »

I DO have the Kyra.dat file in there. I used the same exact files from my PCs Scummvm kyrandia files on the DC version. But it would make sense that without the kyra.dat on the standalone Scummvm disk that it still wouldn't work.

If I copy the files over from my PC to a seperate folder for a ScummVM disk it "sees" it in the list of games, but again, when I select it, it comes up telling me "No version of Kyrandia found". This DOES have the Kyra.dat file in the same folder as the game files on disk I made for the DC.

Again, it just says "No version of Kyrandia found...". So my question is...

What files did you use to get the DC port working? And does the DC version require that the folder name for Kyrandia be named something specific? I also think it is possible that it doesn't like my version of the game. My version has two main folders on the CD. Labeld FR and EN. They are of course different languange versions of the game. I basically copied all the contents of the EN folder to the DC with the Kyra.dat file and again, ScummVM sees it in the game list. But trying to select it..I get that error.

I know that it isn't perfect, but it would have been cool to see it on the DC in any event.
nozomi

Post by nozomi »

This page lists the required files for all supported games...http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles Kyrandia included.

But again, the CD version of Kyrandia doesn't work on the Dreamcast version of SCUMMVM.