Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis macintosh?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Herrscher wrote: Just being curious, why are 2 (in SNES9X 2 + epx = 3) scaler implemented in ScummVM, when they are EXACTLY identical?? :?:
Two identical scalers? Where? ScummVM has a scaler that it calls AdvMame2x, but none that it calls Scale2x. (Perhaps you're thinking of HQ2x, which is something different.)

The AdvMame2x scaler is based on the Scale2x project. According to the Scale2x README, it was originally developed for the AdvanceMAME project, which is presumably where ScummVM takes the name from. I wouldn't be surprised if they got it from the "epx" description Fingolfin mentioned, but I don't know that.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

AdvMame2x and Scale2x are two names for the same thing, as Torbjörn explained. Of course, given that the same name "Scale2x" is pretty generic, other projects might use it differently, e.g. to indicate a dumb 2x pixel scaler.

The epx filter is not implemented as a separate filter in ScummVM (after all, it is identical to advmame2x).
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

fingolfin wrote:To be a bit more specific: This is the June 1999 issue of MacTech, page 41. It names page 692 of the book "Tricks of the Mac Game Programming Gurus", Hayden Books, 1995, by LucasArts' own Eric Johnston, as the source of the algorithm![...]
I hope this finally settles this discussion.
And I just fixed our FAQ, thanks ;)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Thomas wrote:And I just fixed our FAQ, thanks ;)
Out of curiosity, whose FAQ are you talking about?
clem

Post by clem »

fingolfin wrote:Out of curiosity, whose FAQ are you talking about?
probably referring to:
Herrscher wrote: That would match: The german guys from Tentakelvilla mention this:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yes, exactly this FAQ. I thought you'll look into my profile ;)