SCSD / M3SD test version. Please download and post results!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tyrael2k1

Post by tyrael2k1 »

yes, thats not the problem here ;)

i would even notice if m3 detection was off due to the missing sram save :D

the point is, that because of some weird circumstances, scumm does not always detect the flashcard correctly (so no access to the sd-card)

and even the sram won't get saved correctly to the .dat files (that is, the m3 setting is lost as soon as i start moonshell, other games that use sram won't effect the scumm sram data)

these posts of mine are not for me, so you could help me fix it, but for agentq so he can get a basic idea what might still be wrong. so i'll try to sum up my experience. That's all
slapztik

Post by slapztik »

NDS Lite : SC Lite : SanDisk 1gb MicroSD : Day of the Tentacle

Game loads fine and appears to play through without any major issue.

Problem shows up when trying to save. After choosing save, both screens go black and the system stops. Rebooting, restarting DotT, and trying to load the save shows a corrupted save game. Any additional attempts to save have the same results. I also tried patching scummvm-a.nds with the Moonshell patcher but got the same results.

The real kicker is: I can no longer access my SD card on my computer. It detects when I insert the card but complains about there not being a disk when I try to explore it. Guess I better hurry up and finish the games I'm playing so I can re-format, ha ha.
dourden

Post by dourden »

The SC Lite is running as well as it ever did. Writing to the card was always dodgy. This is a problem with the driver. Use the SRAM save method if it doesn't save properly.
Is there anybody who could fix the driver?

Bye
tetzlaff

Same thing happend to me!

Post by tetzlaff »

slapztik wrote:NDS Lite : SC Lite : SanDisk 1gb MicroSD : Day of the Tentacle

Problem shows up when trying to save. After choosing save, both screens go black and the system stops. Rebooting, restarting DotT, and trying to load the save shows a corrupted save game. Any additional attempts to save have the same results. I also tried patching scummvm-a.nds with the Moonshell patcher but got the same results.

The real kicker is: I can no longer access my SD card on my computer. It detects when I insert the card but complains about there not being a disk when I try to explore it. Guess I better hurry up and finish the games I'm playing so I can re-format, ha ha.
This is the exact same thing that happened to me while testing a non moonshell patched v0.6 file on my NDS Lite with a SC Lite. The subtile difference is that my SC Lite could no longer read the MicroSD card after I reset the game. I went to check out the contents of the flash card on my PC, but both my PC's Windows Explorer and my wife's PC's Windows Explorer would hand up just after I inserted the card. I could not format my 2GB MicroSD card at all! When I used the dos prompt "format" it would hang up for a while and return with some kind of IO Error message. One time after the error was printed, my multi-card reader/writer dissapeared from my computer's drive listing. Luckly for me, my work laptop was able to reformat the card with the same command prompt. First formated it as a RAW file system "format g:" and then I could format it as a fat system "format g: /fs:fat".
amirite

Re: Same thing happend to me!

Post by amirite »

tetzlaff wrote:
slapztik wrote:NDS Lite : SC Lite : SanDisk 1gb MicroSD : Day of the Tentacle

This is the exact same thing that happened to me while testing a non moonshell patched v0.6 file on my NDS Lite with a SC Lite. The subtile difference is that my SC Lite could no longer read the MicroSD card after I reset the game. I went to check out the contents of the flash card on my PC, but both my PC's Windows Explorer and my wife's PC's Windows Explorer would hand up just after I inserted the card. I could not format my 2GB MicroSD card at all! When I used the dos prompt "format" it would hang up for a while and return with some kind of IO Error message. One time after the error was printed, my multi-card reader/writer dissapeared from my computer's drive listing. Luckly for me, my work laptop was able to reformat the card with the same command prompt. First formated it as a RAW file system "format g:" and then I could format it as a fat system "format g: /fs:fat".
OH ****

i was playing around with this trying to get it to work and i finally got it loaded and showing my games... tried to load dott and it just gave me a black screen... so i turn off... turn it back on... it lists the contents but it won't load any roms now... just white screen, no count or anything...

and my computers won't read the card now! i have two pcs, and neither can read it, they just say no card found. i think i'm going to cry now. i need help fixing my card :~( advice? how is it possible that this broke it :~(

edit: i'm using supercard lite with a sandisk 1gig micro sd

edit 2: used a friend's reader in usb 1.1 mode and after about 10 minutes of mashing on the card, my dos format command finally kicked in and it looks like i'm back in action... phew
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Perhaps it is best if I disabled saving on the supercard SD, and make it default to SRAM save? It does seem like more people have problems than have succeeded with it.
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

The SD version worked fine, the onlything that's dodgy is the lite version. Perhaps make a build that uses SRAM specifically for the SC-lite?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Plenty of people have said that normal SC SD corrupted cards too.

I could make it default to SRAM save, and allow you to enable FAT saving in the INI file.
Arakon

Post by Arakon »

is there any chance of seeing ds-link support in one of the next versions?
it uses micro-sd cards. right now it gives a "zip file not found" and "unsupported card reader" error when trying the two methods.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Never heard of it. If there is a driver, and they are willing to send me one to test, then yes.
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

You've never heard of the DS-link?
http://www.scorpei.com/DSlink.html
As for a driver, I'm not sure the source of a modified version of moonshell is even available.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

So then the answer is probably no.