SCSD / M3SD test version. Please download and post results!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The SC Lite is running as well as it ever did. Writing to the card was always dodgy. This is a problem with the driver. Use the SRAM save method if it doesn't save properly.
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

tyrael2k1 wrote:with zip file:
works perfectly

without:
flash card reader not found

hardware:
nds lite / m3 lite perfect (micro-sd)

well good enough for me ;)

--> edit:
as soon as i start moonshell (not the m3 version, v144) all saves are gone. anyone else can confirm this?
You mean while using the GBA-flash-cart version of ScummVM I guess (as you say you can't use the FAT version)? (that one saves to SRAM right.....? does Moonshell do anything to SRAM?)
tyrael2k1

Post by tyrael2k1 »

the flashcard reader not found problem is probably rrelated to my micro-sd card. going to test this again with another one from a different manufacturer.

as for moonshell, it seems it'S doing something weird to the sram, but i don't know the details. it would be nice if someone could also test this, preferrably with m3 lite perfect
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

tyrael2k1 wrote:with zip file:
works perfectly

without:
flash card reader not found

hardware:
nds lite / m3 lite perfect (micro-sd)

well good enough for me ;)

--> edit:
as soon as i start moonshell (not the m3 version, v144) all saves are gone. anyone else can confirm this?
I have some doubts about your message!

1 - Have you pressed the L shoulder key during scumm startup to force the m3 detection? I find it strange that you have a card reader not found when another user already stated that it works on the m3 lite. If the problem was your card you should have a hang after the zip check, but since it passes that the card reader should have been detected.

2 - You are using the zip method, right, and it´s those saves you are loosing. Well.. I had that problem once too. I solved it by installing the .gba file using the m3 game manager. It created a 1 mb space in the card for save games. I cannot garantee this works for you, but it solved my problem. If the problem went again due to some other reason, I do not know, but it disapeared after this.
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

=nvm this post=
Last edited by Scorpei on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyrael2k1

Post by tyrael2k1 »

Metal_Spirit wrote: 1 - Have you pressed the L shoulder key during scumm startup to force the m3 detection? I find it strange that you have a card reader not found when another user already stated that it works on the m3 lite. If the problem was your card you should have a hang after the zip check, but since it passes that the card reader should have been detected.

2 - You are using the zip method, right, and it´s those saves you are loosing. Well.. I had that problem once too. I solved it by installing the .gba file using the m3 game manager. It created a 1 mb space in the card for save games. I cannot garantee this works for you, but it solved my problem. If the problem went again due to some other reason, I do not know, but it disapeared after this.
1 - yep m3 detection working fine

2 - nope already did this.
it's strange anyway because lets say i have 3 scumm-zipversion-games. and for all those games there is an individual save file ( 257 kb each ). the scumm.ini should be in sram as well, so it shuld be saved to every file for each game. but it doesn't matter which game i boot (and therefore another save would be loaded) it seems like all the games are using the _same_ scumm.ini

this makes me think that somehow the sram data is written to a wrong position, thus not be saved to a file, but kept in sram and being loaded once again as soon as a scumm file is launched.

and maybe (i'm not sure of this) moonshell wipes out all the sram on boot. this would at least explain this behaviour.

---> edit:

without zip file:
after many reboots, it actually worked once to access the sd-filesystem. game loading was fine. scumm.ini was written to teh root of the disk.

but after another reboot, again flashcard reader not found.

Very strange... ah and btw. my m3 lite is flashed to v29
Last edited by tyrael2k1 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sittingduck

Post by sittingduck »

This seems to work fine on my M3 Lite. Good job.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

sittingduck wrote:This seems to work fine on my M3 Lite. Good job.
You are talking about the ZIP-method, don't you?
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

chris256 wrote:
kedest83 wrote:looks like this could finally be the last test build!
Don't forget there seems to be a problem with savegames on SC lite with this release. I think it would be nice to correct this before final release.

Christophe
well good news in this respect. this seemed to be a problem with my mac version of monkey island, however i found out that other games saved fine. that's good enough for me :) (and sorry for the noise)
Last edited by wobbly on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris256

Post by chris256 »

wobbly wrote:
chris256 wrote:
kedest83 wrote:looks like this could finally be the last test build!
Don't forget there seems to be a problem with savegames on SC lite with this release. I think it would be nice to correct this before final release.

Christophe
well good news in this respect. this seemed to be a problem with my mac version of monkey island, however i found out that other games saved fine. that's good enough for me :o)
OK, thanks for the information wobbly.

Christophe
JackTF

Post by JackTF »

It works fine on my M3 perfect miniSD. Settings were saved (l -button had not to been pressed on second start). Savegames in MI and Zak were succesful done.

I've got one time the effect that the M3 Mode wasn't read. After reboot it was read already. Maybe an other savegame in SRAM (which wasn't save at boot) disturbed the Scumm-Savegame in SRAM...
tlv

Post by tlv »

This test version works very well on my M3 miniSD v3. Reading from the flashcard (a transcent 80x 2GB miniSD card) as well as writing to it causes no problems. Great job agentq! :)

Regards,
Eric
BPM

Post by BPM »

Using:
  • JP Enamel Navy DS Lite (firmware: FlashMe V7)
  • US M3 Lite (firmware: v29e)
  • Kingston 1GB microSD
  • scummvm-a.nds
First boot:
Using M3 SD Mode
Hole L on startup to disable
ZIP file check... Not in use!
Flash card reader not found!

Second boot:
Same

Now, with using scummvm-a.ds.gba instead:
First boot:
Using M3 SD Mode
Hole L on startup to disable
ZIP file check... Not in use!
Flash card reader not found!

Second boot:
Same

(Not sure what the difference is between the .ds.gba and the .nds versions are, but I figured I'd try them both...)
tyrael2k1

Post by tyrael2k1 »

tyrael2k1 wrote:---> edit:

without zip file:
after many reboots, it actually worked once to access the sd-filesystem. game loading was fine. scumm.ini was written to teh root of the disk.

but after another reboot, again flashcard reader not found.

Very strange... ah and btw. my m3 lite is flashed to v29
after many retries and no changes to the m3 filesystem at all (just booting scumm, shutdown, boot again) the m3 filesystem was found again. i could load all previous saves etc.

but after the next shutdown, same problem as before, flashcard reader not found.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

Did you use the game manager to copy it? it needs a .dat file to save the sram data (with the M3 setting) to.