Broken Sword 1 display problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SchodMC

Broken Sword 1 display problems

Post by SchodMC »

Hi,

I installed the Pocket ScummVM gcc build to play Broken Sword 1. But I have some problems with the toolbar.

When I hide it, The area where the toolbar lies is not used. But the screen of the game itself is scaled so the ~1/4 of the upper part of the game screen is not visible. Also, after a while (while using one of the Zoom Up/Down keys), I found myself back on the Windows Mobile Desktop.

Then I need to make a soft-reset because the top bar of the Windows will still be black (and there are also some other graphical glitches).
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

The gcc build has several problems, so I don't recommend it right now for serious playing. I suggest you wait for 0.9.1 which is coming up in the next few days, and thanks for the feedback.
SchodMC

Post by SchodMC »

Thats ok for me. But I want let you know, that there are also graphical glitches in the offical 0.9.0 build with the other scumm games (Indy, Monky, Maniac, ...) when using fullscreen and hiding the toolbar.

Sometimes, the text & sprites won't be shown properly and scrolling has errors (the lower part of the screen doesn't scroll.) Well, looks funny when people walking away but their feet just stay at the same place! :D

:arrow: But I also whant say a big THANK YOU to the whole ScummVM / PocketPC port team. It is really great what you are doing and it helps to play good old games on new machines! 8)
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

SchodMC wrote:there are also graphical glitches in the offical 0.9.0 build with the other scumm games (Indy, Monky, Maniac, ...) when using fullscreen and hiding the toolbar.
This bug has been fixed in the repository. Thanks for your kind words :-)