Calling all SC SD owners

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Calling all SC SD owners

Post by agentq »

Hi,

If there are any SC SD owners out there who want to help development of ScummVM DS, please PM me your ICQ/MSN contact information. I am having major problems with the driver and could do with some people to test the stuff as I do it.

Thanks

- agentq
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

Tried Beta5 last night - it gets past the zip check but then states 'Flash card reader not found!' Also, it's still listing the scummVM DS version as Beta4 - I redownloaded beta5 just to make sure I was testing the right thing.
emulator

Re: Calling all SC SD owners

Post by emulator »

agentq wrote:Hi,

If there are any SC SD owners out there who want to help development of ScummVM DS, please PM me your ICQ/MSN contact information. I am having major problems with the driver and could do with some people to test the stuff as I do it.

Thanks

- agentq
The latest Beta5 build works for me using a standard SC SD with a Sandisk ultra II sd card.

I am willing to help with testing although I don't have ICQ/MSN.

It's a great bit of software.

Many thanks

emulator
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It works? :shock: You're the only person who has managed to get it to work. Are you sure it's the right build?

The general consensus is that it hasn't worked since beta2.
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

I've just tested it in my SC-SD (latest version, but not the new one with the extra bars on the back --> before the whole rip-off versions problem) and no luck (beta5 of course).
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

Reformatted and tried again, still coming up with the same 'Flash card reader not found!' message.

Tried a 256mb Viking Interworks SD card and got the same result. It's a shame, these cards have never had a problem running ScummVM DS in the past. =/
JackTF

Post by JackTF »

agentq wrote:It works? :shock: You're the only person who has managed to get it to work. Are you sure it's the right build?

Maybe he is using the zip method...
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

I'll admit to not being familiar with the zip method, but after following the instructions on the drunkencoders page I tried the zip method - only to be returned with the same messages.

Zip file check...not in use!
Flash card reader not found!

Given the Zip file check is reporting that it's not in use, I guess I'm doing something wrong though I certainly followed the instructions ( I did zip the game file at no compression, ran the build-a.bat, etc.) I'm not convinced any supercard user would use the zip method anyway though - I was under the impression it was for people with unsupported card readers?

Anyway, perhaps if emulator could let us know the exact process he has used that might help? I've noticed other users have been reporting inconsistencies between SD cards for other card readers, I wonder if it's the SD cards themselves, rather than the Supercard?
raschi

Post by raschi »

I´m using Supercard Lite, and the last version I got to work was the beta2 with moonshell patch.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I know it doesn't work on the supercard. There's no need to post an 'it doesn't work' message here.

I asked if people would sent me their ICQ/MSN contact info so that hopefully there would be someone online when I'm fixing it that I can send builds to.
raschi

Post by raschi »

Bad post I know. What I really meant was if I can help since the SC Lite seems to be a special case with the patching and all.
emulator

Post by emulator »

agentq wrote:It works? :shock: You're the only person who has managed to get it to work. Are you sure it's the right build?

It took me a while but yes I have got it working but I used the zip method and did the following:

- Created a uncompressed zip (called scummdata-a.zip) file including the Monkey1, Monkey2 and Atlantis folders

- I then placed it in the same folder as the builddata-a.bat file and ran it.

- I renamed the scummvm-a-withdata.ds.gba to scummvm-a5.nds
and copied it onto the root of my supercard (not patching or using supercard software).

- I then copied a 64k save and renamed it to scummvm-a5.sav

- I then added the following ini file (called scummvm.ini) into the root of my supercard - although I have yet to check if it's needed

-------------------------------

[ds]
forcesramsave=true

[Monkey1]
description=Monkey Island 1
path=mp:/Monkey1
gameid=Monkey1
savepath=mp:/Monkey1

[Monkey2]
description=Monkey2
path=mp:/Monkey Island 2
gameid=Monkey2
savepath=mp:/Monkey2

----------------------------------

Saving works using the quick power off-on method and then using the saver menu in Supercard to save to scummvm-a5.sav

I have just downloaded the file again from http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com and I can confirm that it works.

I am using a DS lite which has been flashed with flashme 7.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Ah yes. The Zip method works with nearly every card without a driver, but it limited to 30Mb games.
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

tested on a sc lite:

Almost there it seems. Only the gamesaves don't work for me. When i try to save (not on a prior save cause i got none), the ds turns black and freezes. And when i reboot the savegame section (of monkey island 1), it notes it's got a garbled savegame file. On repeated saves it gives the same troubles.

The ini-file saves correctly however, so the sd card is noted on startup.

greets

- edit: oops wrong thread, ah well, gives me the opportunity to spam this forum a bit -
slapztik

Post by slapztik »

I shot Supercard an email asking about the difference with the Lite or if they could tell me what exactly the Moonshell pathcer does. Here's their reply :

Thank you for your email. I contact the team, they said the SuperCard Lite
version I/O system is the same as SD and MiniSD. The key is you need to slow
down the reading and writting speed when programming in you homebrew

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

I'd be happy to keep this dialog with them open if you have any questions you want me to ask them AgentQ.