Version 0.9.1beta5 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Version 0.9.1beta5 released for testing!

Post by agentq »

Beta 5:

* M3 Driver can now be enabled/disabled
* NinjaDS driver now works properly (tested)
* Fixed delay on startup
* Fixed long delay on starting Kyrandia

Okay, this is hopefully going to be the last beta, so please post, if it works or not. I want to hear a report from each type of supported flash card reader.

M3 Users: the first time you play, you need to hold the left shoulder button as ScummVM starts. After the first time, the setting is saved in SRAM, so you won't have to do it on every boot.

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Works perfectly on SC CF. Great work :)
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Works perfect on M3 mini V2...

Detects ok when pressing L, and saves the setting ok.

PS: I reported some problems (probable bugs) in the beta 4 thread.Please reply to them.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, you said you had some cards which don't work. I can't see why that would be, but I would assume there must be something odd about the card or it's formatting. The M3 driver is the same as DSOrganise, but other parts of the fat system are different. Have you tried reformatting the card?
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Actually I´m not speaking about that, but about some Indy and The fate of Atlantis problems...

About the card... I tryed it all... Formated it over and over... All the card surface is ok, and it works everywhere with every program.. except scumm...I´ll copy the new version + save game withe the m3 already detected, and tell you something in a couple minutes.

A couple minutes later: Made a mistake and tried the wrong card, so if anyone read my message about a succesful try, sorry about that. It still is not working in that card... :( Don't ask me why... Lets see if more M3 users report problems... Thankfully i have two more that do work
Postuf

Post by Postuf »

Hmm for me beta 4 worked perfectly with .nds and .ds.gba renamed to .nds. But with this it gets past detects my card and games but freezes on loading them.

Good work though. My talkie version work on beta 4 now :D
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

Metal_Spirit wrote:Actually I´m not speaking about that, but about some Indy and The fate of Atlantis problems...

About the card... I tryed it all... Formated it over and over... All the card surface is ok, and it works everywhere with every program.. except scumm...I´ll copy the new version + save game withe the m3 already detected, and tell you something in a couple minutes.

A couple minutes later: Made a mistake and tried the wrong card, so if anyone read my message about a succesful try, sorry about that. It still is not working in that card... :( Don't ask me why... Lets see if more M3 users report problems... Thankfully i have two more that do work
What card is that? I have problems with my Kingston mini-sd 1GB card on the M3-mini, though I got beta2 to work with a Dane-elec 1GB micro-sd card on the M3-lite.
I'm borrowing 1 or 2 mini-sd cards today from a colleague, but perhaps I can hope this new version already works ;)
Will do some testing tonight!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

postuf, what card reader are you using? There's no way I'll erer get a build working if you don't say!
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Shadow_Zero... I already replyed to you on the beta 4 thread!

All my three cards are Kingston. Two of them work with scumm, the third does not. All are ok, have the same formatting,have been formated several times, have no errors, etc etc. That same card has DSORGANIZE and DSLINUX running perfectly, amongst lots of other stuff. I don´t understand that. Shouldn´t all Kingston cards be exactly the same?
Postuf

Post by Postuf »

agentq wrote:postuf, what card reader are you using? There's no way I'll erer get a build working if you don't say!
Sorry forgot to mention I was using the M3 mini SD v2. But yeah all games work fine for me on beta 4, but I do have the problem where if you use the quit button it destroys the saves. But normal power off and saving works fine.

With build A I tested DOT, MI, MI2, Sam N Max. All work on beta 4 with saving without using the quit. But with beta 5 they all hang when loading.

With beta 5 It does detect the reader a fair bit quicker though, like 1~ second compared to like 5~ for beta 4. Just freezes at loading not really sure why. I all I get is past the zip check, detects flash reader. I select game and hit the start button at the bottom. It kinda loads, but to black screens only waited for about 30~ seconds for it to load. It only takes about 1-5~ seconds to load on beta 4.

This is with both the .gba.ds(renamed to .nds) and .nds files using either works for beta 4, but both fail at the same spot for beta 5 for me.

I am using FAT32 16k sector size using a SanDisk miniSD if this matters. But I don't think it does since it worked for beta 4. Oh and I am only using GM and FW 27a if that matter also. But that really should be a problem as the only difference for 27a to 29 was fixed pokemon saves and addition ebook and extend features.

Might try build c later on for my Simon the Sorc games.

Edit
Metal did you try with FAT32 8192 sector size since you have the same flash card as me that should work with beta 4 at least and maybe 5. And not really for cards being the same, there is already some slight difference and possibly defects. Might want to run a chkdsk on the one that isn't working.

Also I am booting the ScummVM DS with "A", with "start" it just freezes on the red loading bar for M3.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

it says m3 sd detection:off, but i am holding L shoulder button
(m3 minisd v2)
Postuf

Post by Postuf »

kedest83 wrote:it says m3 sd detection:off, but i am holding L shoulder button
(m3 minisd v2)
When your loading the game IE while the bar is red hold it then.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

i tried that, doesn't work
can someone upload a .dat file in which the m3 setting has already been saved?
Postuf

Post by Postuf »

kedest83 wrote:i tried that, doesn't work
can someone upload a .dat file in which the m3 setting has already been saved?
You can try this. You will need to rename the scummvm-a.nds to scummvma5.nds for this work that or use the GM to write the save.

http://rapidshare.de/files/37063845/scummvma5.dat.html

Actually I tested beta 5 again, it oddly enough its working perfectly now, after booting it with beta 4 first. It seems I needed some of the setting that in auto generated in scummvm.ini when you start a game maybe for it to work? It also seems to detect my save from beta 4 somehow from a different .dat file.
Husky

Post by Husky »

Hi AgentQ,

Test 1 (Kingston 512)
1st try:
M3 SD Detection: ON
Zip File Check...Not in use!
and hangs there..

2nd try:
Hold L on startup to disable.
and hangs there..

Test 2 (SanDisk 1024)
1st try:
Found flash card reader!
Creating conf file: scummvm.ini

Wow it works :)

Great work AgentQ!!! :)

Down with Kingston ;)

My Hardware: M3 SD(f29)(Old), no lite mini or other! NDS(Old) with flashme. Kingston 512mb, SanDisk 1024mb

Greetz,
Husky