Indiana Jones Fate Of Atlantis

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Warlord

Indiana Jones Fate Of Atlantis

Post by Warlord »

i have FOA on 5 floppy disks, however i can not install it because my computer says the first floppy is not formatted properly, i know it is on there because i used it on an older computer so i do not want to format it, is there any way of getting FOA to work without it or to get the flopp working again
Thanks
clem

Post by clem »

I'm afraid you'll have to buy it again, sounds like the disk is bad

sorry
Warlord

Post by Warlord »

ah, that kinda puts a damper on my indiana jones gaming experience doesnt it, i dont supose it would be legal for someone to send me the install.exe and file from the first floppy disk would it
clem

Post by clem »

Warlord wrote:ah, that kinda puts a damper on my indiana jones gaming experience doesnt it, i dont supose it would be legal for someone to send me the install.exe and file from the first floppy disk would it
nope it wouldn't, in fact it would be tremendously illegal - but I am sure you read the forum rules (like the ever-popular rule 0), so you probably know :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Well, now you can buy the CD version with speech.
Zygma_Experiment

Post by Zygma_Experiment »

Are you sure the origiinal 5 floppies are for the same sort of machine you're using now? If you stick Amiga floppies in a PC, it'll try and tell you there's nothing on them.
Warlord

Post by Warlord »

well it used to play on an old ibm, but its only the first floppy that doesnt work the other 4 are fine, but that means i dont have the install.exe or the first part of the file and i just read about that rule 0 after i had posted that message
Zygma_Experiment

Ah. Probably knackered then. Come to think of it, the Amiga version came on about a dozen floppies all told. Low density, y'see. Boy, was I glad I got a hard drive THAT day :wink:

Anyway, your best bet is to try flea markets, car-boot sales or gold old eBay. See if you can get the CD-ROM version. It's got speech, so it's a lot better.
Muyfa666

Post by Muyfa666 »

Ebay uk just added a batch of talkie-version for PC. 19£, but I took one right away. :-)
Zygma_Experiment

It's well worth it. I managed to pick one up a copy of the Mac CD with speech a couple of days ago off Ebay UK for a tenner. It works brillianty in SCUMM VM under OS X, which is great, 'cause it doesn't work at all in Classic mode.

No box though, so I'll have to dig out my old Amiga copy for that and the manual. But the game itself is fine, so who's counting :wink:
Muyfa666

Post by Muyfa666 »

Well if it's the CD-version you won't need the manual anyways. I might get a manual with my copy, the first 2 would it said, but I do not know if I'm one of them.