Buy agentq an M3 Lite

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sittingduck

Buy agentq an M3 Lite

Post by sittingduck »

The prospect of playing old adventures on the DS was one of the main reasons I got my M3 Lite. However, it's becoming obvious that all the different kinds of carts are causing growing pains for the developers, including agentq, although he is doing one heck of a job at the moment. My biggest fear is that one day he gets fed up with all of our requests and suddenly stops supporting MY card. I would happily chip in to buy agentq an M3 Lite and a mem card so that card gets good support and agentq can check out driver issues by himself which I think would be optimal. I would happily pay 10-15 dollars and if 10 others are also willing to do this, maybe agentq will have much better options of supporting the M3 Lite. I don't know if agentq is interested in this at all but if he is and some other M3 Lite users would also chip in I would be happy to make sure that agentq gets an M3 Lite asap. Maybe owners of other flashcarts would consider doing the same and that way we can all get good support. What do you think?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

This is indeed a good idea and a good way to say "thanks" to ScummVM and agentq personally.

Eugene
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It's always good to get donations. Having an M3 lite would allow me to test new builds, and various drivers, to see how they interact with other drivers and would save me a lot of time posting builds and getting others to test them.

However, I can't guarantee that it'll mean that I can make the M3 driver work perfectly. For that, I would need the help of the M3 team, and/or some sort of detailed hardware internals manual for the device.

There is a donation button at the very bottom of this page:
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/
tlv

Post by tlv »

Thats a good idea. :) I just donated via paypal and hope that more m3 users will follow.

Regards,
Eric
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Thanks for your dontation tvl, it's much appreciated.

Perhaps I should keep a separate tally of those donating to buy an M3?
sittingduck

Post by sittingduck »

That's a great idea, agentq, registering the donations for the flashcarts. I also just donated, so chalk up 8 more pounds for an M3 Lite. Now we just need another 5 or 6 donators and agentq has the best options of supporting our beloved flashcart. :-)
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

I'll happily donate when ii get paid this month
FiSHBoY

Post by FiSHBoY »

20 pounds at ya. M3 Lite users heart ScummVM DS. ;)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Wow. That's so impressive! £38 in the space of a few days!

Thank you all so much.
sittingduck

Post by sittingduck »

In this thread: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2737 theres this quote from agentq:
The amount of RAM in the Opera DS expansion is not really an issues - 10Mb more should be plenty to run Full Thottle and The Dig. In fact, there's more chance the RAM expansion will be supported just because I have one, and I don't have an M3 or Supercard.

I wouldn't say Full Throttle on the DS is completely impossible, it's just that it's not likely to happen until there is a good way to add extra RAM to the DS.
We just need 17£ more and agentq has enough to buy an M3 from http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/index.html. Then, maybe, there's hope for Full Throttle, as agentq seems to think that the biggest hindrance for Full Throttle on the M3 is him not having one! Come on guys!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

No, I didn't say that! Full Thottle is not even close to being able to work on the DS as, the M3 RAM (or any other kind of RAM expansion) is not really usable in Devkitarm at the moment.

Don't donate thinking you're going to get Full Throttle, because it's not likely any time soon.
oofbar

Post by oofbar »

Just donated £10 to the cause. Just love the DS port of ScummVM. Thanks!
kv83

Post by kv83 »

Though it's not much, I donated £1.50 to you. Not to support M3, but just because I love playing Monkey Island on my DS!

You did a awesome job! Keep up the good work!

Have fun with your new M3 in advance :) ! (Hopefully you won't forget us simple M1 / M2 users ;) )

Anyway, thanks!
sittingduck

Post by sittingduck »

What I meant was, that when the ram issues gets overcome there's no reason for the M3 users not to benefit from it - hence, an M3 for you is still a good idea. And in 5,5£ hopefully you'll be able to get one :-) Keep up the good work - it is much appreciated. I really caught some kids' eyes on the train yesterday while playing Monkey 1 on my DS Lite.
daegunlee

My M3 lite worked!

Post by daegunlee »

I've succeeded running scummvm ds port.

My spec was:

M3 micro-sd lite(English version) + passcard 3
English version V29 ( 30-9-2006 ) Manager & Firmware
Sandisk Ultra-II micro-sd 1Gbytes

Test:

The secret of monkey island VGA FD version
The secret of moneky island VGA CD version (I converted ogg files to wav)

I've sent 10 GPB by paypal today for support. (Paypal id: she*****@yahoo.com)

Thanks for ds port!