S80 (Nokia 9500) crashes on game start

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tomlondon

S80 (Nokia 9500) crashes on game start

Post by tomlondon »

Hi there. First of all, thanks to all involved in this project - great work.

I've recently upgraded to a Nokia 9500 and would like to use SCUMMVM with it. I've installed the S80 binary, the installation goes ok. I've put BASS on my memory card since S&M, DotT etc. won't fit. I can add the game to the main menu fine - but when I click the "Start" button the program just crashes back out to the desktop with the following system error:

Code: Select all

Program: Main
Reason-code: KERN-EXEC
Reason number: 3
I have tried the stable and daily builds - same problem with both. Nokia firmware is 04.51(00), dated 14-12-2004.

Has anyone sucessfully got Beneath a Steel Sky running on a 9500? Or any game, for that matter!

With thanks, Tom
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

It might be a out of memory situation. Please check the other threads, namely the S80 issues thread, where ppl obviously can playgames with it. :-) You might try the bass only version to see if it helps.
penguin

Re: S80 (Nokia 9500) crashes on game start

Post by penguin »

tomlondon wrote:Has anyone sucessfully got Beneath a Steel Sky running on a 9500? Or any game, for that matter!
For what it's worth: I have played and completed Day of the Tentacle and Maniac Mansion (the one that is shipped with DOTT) on a 9500.