Version 0.9.1beta4 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

Grimgoil wrote:Where exatcly is the Disable turning off feture? i wasent able to find
Press select when playing a game, its in that menu

Have now tested DOTT, Monkey 1 & 2 and BASS all working perfectly for my m3 lite v.29 :D :!: :D
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Grimgoil, the disable turning off feature is on the DS menu. Press select during the game, and it's the last check box.
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

Okay, I use a Supercard SD with 1 gig Viking Interworks SD memory card. Using an older version of ScummVM DS with the above hardware I've been able to play MI1 & 2, Zak Mckracken, Sam and Max talkie, Flight of the Amazon Queen and Simon the Sorcerer talkie all with relatively few problems - I played Sam and Max through to completion and have been able to save and load all of the above games fine.

Regarding the latest beta releases:

All versions were installed using the Supercard SD method as listed on the drunkencoders page (i.e. renamed ds.gba files to .nds before applying to card).

Beta4 - On all versions (a,b,c) screen hangs after Zip file check...Not in use! message.

Beta3 - Loads frontend after a small delay compared to the earlier versions of scummvmds. Tested with the following games:

Version A

Secret of Monkey Island - Loads game/music plays - pressed B button to skip during intro and was given the message - (38:1:0xE2F): Room 38 missing object code block(s)

Monkey Island 2 - Refuses to load - delivers the following error: (0:1:0XF8): Invalid actor 26 in o5_putActor

Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders - Loads up fine, allows to skip intro using B button - but then Zak is actually missing from the screen. Very bizarre.

Version C

Legend of Kyrandia - 2 black screens for a minute or so before the game finally loaded. Pressing the B Button to skip the intro caused the game to freeze and the music to skip.

Tried again without skipping intro - reached part where Malcolm turns Kallak to stone and leaves - game seemed to freeze at that point though I could still move the screen around, but no buttons worked.

After testing these games, I replaced the beta files with the old version of scummvm I had been using and Monkey Island 1 & 2, plus Zak McKracken all appear to be working fine so I know the above issues have nothing to do with the game files themselves (or at least I don't think they do). Kyrandia, of course, wouldn't work with these old builds though.

I may try reformatting the SD card and trying again later, hopefully the information I've provided so far will be of some use. Thanks for your continued work on this Neil, it is much appreciated!
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

What's the Theme Directory for? Can we use skins?

ZRV
DarkVamp

Post by DarkVamp »

Hi,

SC CF => Don´t work :-(

It starts but after the ZIP check it hangs....

PS: Beta3 works fine...
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

I got my M3-mini in today and I can't get any of the SCUMMVM DS versions to work :( (it hangs after the zip part)
I flashed it to 2.9 and use it with a Kingston 1GB mini-sd card.

With my M3-lite I only got it to work with beta2 (which does work fine though).
And oddly enough for both my M3-lite and M3-mini my sd-card gets erased with beta3.

Any ideas I could try?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Beta4 will be the version to try.

If that doesn't work, it's probably an incompatibility with your SD card. You could borrow someone elses to check that theory.

Failing that, you could return your M3-mini and get something that's compatible with homebrew.
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

Too bad I don't know anyone with a mini-sd card heheh. But yeah, that's something I could try. Though the Kingston card has been tested and labelled working at http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php?title=Media_Card

I've read from various people they got it to work with their M3-mini, so it doesn't sound logical that it wouldn't be compatible at all, right?

Does it matter if I use the .nds file or the gba.ds file and rename that one?
Is there any difference between copying the file directly and using the M3 manager?
And is there any difference if the card is formatted as FAT16 or FAT32?
These are a few points some claimed to make a difference, I've tried various but without result so far.

Argh, just work dammit, I know you can! :twisted:
Hebus San

Post by Hebus San »

Hi. I'm a new user of this forum, and i want to thanks developping team a lot for the beta4. I'm a M3-lite holder (microSD 1GB sandisk, 0.29), and that's the first time all the games i try works perfectly (monkey 1,2 and DOTT).

That's a GREAT job! thanks!
tempest

Post by tempest »

thebawp wrote: Beta4 - On all versions (a,b,c) screen hangs after Zip file check...Not in use! message.
Supercard SD here, I see the exact same behavior. Game files work beautifully in 0.61.

Thanks for sucking many hours of my free time. I'd forgotten how much I love adventure games.
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

tempest wrote:
thebawp wrote: Beta4 - On all versions (a,b,c) screen hangs after Zip file check...Not in use! message.
Supercard SD here, I see the exact same behavior. Game files work beautifully in 0.61.

Thanks for sucking many hours of my free time. I'd forgotten how much I love adventure games.
The flashtest AgentQ posted in another thread works perfectly with the Supercard SD, just have to wait for a working version of build C so I can play Kyrandia (Malcolm is so wonderfully wicked).
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

tempest wrote:

The flashtest AgentQ posted in another thread works perfectly with the Supercard SD, just have to wait for a working version of build C so I can play Kyrandia (Malcolm is so wonderfully wicked).
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

I´ve been playing Indy 4 fate of atlantis using beta 4 on my m3. Not shure about previous versions, since I lacked the will to play this adventure without the so3 file, and only Beta 4 solved this for m3 users.

Well... After visiting Omar Al-Jabbar house in Algears, I escaped using a camel (George as Indy calls him). When traveling with it, when the map changes there are severe graphical corruption for couple seconds. After that the new map appears all seems to be ok. But this is not like that when we finnaly reach the dig site. The graphical glitches destroy the entire lower menu, and the only way to get them back is by calling scumm menus and then resuming the game.

The same happens again when flying the hot air ballon in search of the german U-boat. Graphical corruption when changing screens for a couple seconds.

Same problem inside the u-boat and inside the mazes in Creete when dropping down in the elevator.

Is this a known bug?
Last edited by Metal_Spirit on Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Shadow_Zero... I own a M3 mini v2, and three Kingston 1 Gb mini SD cards...

I can run Scumm perfectly on two of them, but it hangs after the zip part on the third one.

All cards are ok, have no errors, and have the same formating on them (fat 16, windows default clusters, although it works also on 64 kb clusters - the fastest as seem in my castlevania video tests), so I can´t explain this. This may also be your case, since beta 4 works on the M3 mini!

I hope that the next release wich according to agentq will only detect the m3 once, and then save that info into Sram, later dumped to a dat file changes this. I intend to detect the M3 on a working card and then move the .dat file to the non working one, as such avoiding auto detection and forcing the m3 driver.

Off course, for me, that is just to try it out, since that card now has now very little space left because I moved another card contents there to free space for scumm. If this works supplying a .dat file may be something of interest.
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

Where can you see it's a v2 M3-mini?
I borrowed a Transcend 1gb mini-sd from a colleague of mine. Will try it with my M3-mini tonight.

And like you stated, I'll try beta5 first with my Kingston 1gb mini-sd, see if it will work now :)