Version 0.9.1beta4 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

werpu

Post by werpu »

agentq wrote:There will never be separate builds for different flash cards. If they can't be made to work together, they won't be included.
Actually the solution you suggested, to load the SC driver first and give fallback options to the other cards via pressing a button at startup is quite nice...

alternatively a scummvm.ini entry could to the trick as well ;-)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It will be the M3 driver which is going to require a button press, since I think all the other drivers work together ok.

The issue I have at the moment is the M3 CF driver. That is already set up to initialise before the M3 SD, so why it doesn't work is a mystery.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

MetroidPrime, what exactly happens when you use the M3 CF? Does it say flash cart reader not found? Does it crash? Does it get into the frontend?
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

agentq wrote:MetroidPrime, what exactly happens when you use the M3 CF? Does it say flash cart reader not found? Does it crash? Does it get into the frontend?
I don't have a M3 CF, I have a SC CF (and a G6Lite). If you mean SC CF, the message "ZIP file check...Not in use!" comes and then nothing and the bottom screen stays black. No frontend.
Husky

Post by Husky »

MetroidPrime wrote:I don't have a M3 CF, I have a SC CF (and a G6Lite). If you mean SC CF, the message "ZIP file check...Not in use!" comes and then nothing and the bottom screen stays black. No frontend.
That´s the same error i get with M3 SD.

Greetz,
Husky
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

This version also doesn't work for me :(
(hangs after the "Zip file... not in use!" )
Using a M3 Lite, flashed to 2.9 with a Dane-Elec 1GB micro-sd card.
Beta 2 works fine (with Monkey Island 1 & 2), but can't save.

Would it make any difference if I format the card to FAT16 instead of FAT32?

After saving with Monkey Island 2 with beta2 I get a "invalid savegame" and upon reboot the savegame is gone.

Any ideas how I can get beta4 to work or to get saving to work with beta2?
Last edited by Shadow_Zero on Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

agentq wrote:There will never be separate builds for different flash cards. If they can't be made to work together, they won't be included.
And wich ones are going to be excluded???

Let me ask something.. isn´t it possible to create one build with a startup question "wich card do you own?" and acording to the answer a driver would be initialized for it. After the choice, if necessary, the memory where the other remaining drivers was would be dumped, freeing it for use.

Any possibility for something like this??
Mortys

Post by Mortys »

Like everyone I'd like that scumm works with all card reader and maybe a .ini file will be the better way to choose and sohould be the easier way for you (i'm not a tech, so.... But if you could'nt make support for all reader I'll stay with beta 2 and be very happy even I don't have all the possibilities of newer version. You've done a great works and should'nt be too botherred by somekind of childish "it's unfair.." even I understand pepople who want to use Scumm.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

I don´t think a ini is a solution... After all if no driver is initialized scumm cannot access the card, and as such would be unable to read the ini. I believe all drivers would need to be loaded and one initialized by a menu choice. In this way there would no driver superimposing on others. Them remaining drivers code would be dumped,if necessary and scumm fully initialized. I believe this to be the best way if possible to do. A sort of subroutine for each driver according to the answer.

Am I wrong?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, someone suggested that in the other thread, and it's definately an idea, except that have just over a week to test and release 0.9.1 which makes it a bit tight to do this.

Plus, I'd rather not have a menu on each boot if I can help it.
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

I stand corrected, the http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... e&start=15 save solution works with me with beta2.
So if I can play Monkey Island 1 and 2 fine like this I'll just stick to this for the time being.
Already spend so much time testing heheh
But keep up the good work everyone! Friggin' awesome to play these classics on the NDS ;)
FiSHBoY

Post by FiSHBoY »

FYI Shadow, if you refer to my earlier post, you can see that I'm using the M3 Lite v29 (w/ a 1GB Sandisk microSD card) without problem.

How long did you wait at the Zip Mode message? As I stated in my testing, it required up to 5 seconds to display "Flash Cart Detected" on mine, after the Zip message.

It may be worthwhile to note that I am using FAT16 on my card. So that may make a difference, as you suggested.
Harakiri

Post by Harakiri »

M3 Mini SD

Starting now also works for A, no longer hangs at creating ini file.

Games :

Indy 3 works
MI 1 does not - just black screen
MI 1 (Audio Version with Mp3s) does not either - hangs at start screen
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

FiSHBoY wrote:FYI Shadow, if you refer to my earlier post, you can see that I'm using the M3 Lite v29 (w/ a 1GB Sandisk microSD card) without problem.

How long did you wait at the Zip Mode message? As I stated in my testing, it required up to 5 seconds to display "Flash Cart Detected" on mine, after the Zip message.

It may be worthwhile to note that I am using FAT16 on my card. So that may make a difference, as you suggested.
I have a M3 Lite v29 (w/ a 1GB Dane-Elec microSD card) and I've never been able to boot ScummVM DS from beta3 and up.
I could try to format the card to FAT16, but now I'm just happy everything works ;)
I'll post my findings if I have any update.

Oh, and I left the the screen open for minutes with other versions when booting; it just remains at the zip message.
Grimgoil

Post by Grimgoil »

Where exatcly is the Disable turning off feture? i wasent able to find