Version 0.9.1beta4 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Version 0.9.1beta4 released for testing!

Post by agentq »

Beta 4:
- New M3 driver
- Fix to CD audio when using Zip files
- Added option to disable turning the DS off (as it causes problems on some cards)

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/

For this version, I want to here from everyone, working or not. This is because I'm going to keep a tally on which cards work for the website. So, please list exactly what card you're using when you post here. Here is the current list, which I'll update when people post. Mention whether saving works, if you've tried it.

GBAMP v2: Working!
Max Media Dock: Working!
M3 CF: Untested
M3 SD: Untested
M3 MiniSD: Working! (v2)
M3 Lite: Untested
SC CF: Untested
SC SD: Not working
SC Lite: Untested

This list is only for the direct file system method, since the Zip file method work the same on every card.

Also, if you have a G6, please test with the new power off disable feature to check to see if your savegames still disappear, and post whether it helps.
Last edited by agentq on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

I cannot download... You probably haven´t uploaded the file yet.

I will try the beta 4, and tell you how it went, but the m3 release worked perfectly, without the zip method, and the savegame was made without problems... Quitting destroyed my savegame although the DS shutted down ok

I have a M3 mini v2.

PS: People, do not use the ZIP method... This test is for non zip method only, so no mistakes.
Last edited by Metal_Spirit on Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It's uploaded now.

So quitting destroyed your save? Did you try loading it before you quit? And does it make a difference if you turn your DS of rather than use the quit button?
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Well... Beta 4 works nicelly... M3 mini v2

Deleted the old file, and installed the new one using the game manager (no changes on default settings). It worked ok, and saves were there for use.

Just to try, i quitted scumm... The savegame is still there!

And quitting works much the same as using the button... It powers off the ds normally!

All i can say, is that on m3 support this version seems to have done it 100%. At least on mine.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Ok, that's one down.
werpu

and one up again

Post by werpu »

No luck this time, SC mini SD...
this time, it hangs totally after the zip file check ... not in use message
no matter if i copy it plain text or, use the moonshell patcher or simply copy it plain.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Werpu, what betas worked for you, if any? I seem to recall you had problems with beta 3 too, right?
werpu

Post by werpu »

Yes the problems started at beta 3, i just posted a deeper result analysis and various test results at the beta 3 thread...

the configuration is a standard super card micro sd, the scummvm is patched via the moonshell patcher, a method which worked until beta 3
Mortys

Post by Mortys »

Hello AgentQ
I confirm that the SC Lite is not reconize after the zip check. And the problems start with beta 3. I've try evyrithing i can (no patch, moonshell patcher, homebrew patcher) but nothing works.
Husky

M3 SD

Post by Husky »

Hi

I don´t get it to work on Old M3 SD (fw29).

Every time after Zip check comes a black screen and hangs there

Greetz,
Husky

P.S. I have also tried the M3 Test Build, it´s the same like beta4
FiSHBoY

Post by FiSHBoY »

M3 Lite (microSD, fw v29):
-Tested with DOTT (CD Ver.), Sam and Max (CD ver.), and SOMI (CD Ver.)
-All games played their intros fine, with speech (save SOMI, which doesn't have speech), and the interface seemed functional and playable for the few minutes I played with them.
-Saving tested and working with DOTT and Sam and Max. Failed on SOMI. (My .wavs are in the wrong format for this CD-Audio game, but that's the only thing it's complaining about. Will fix the wave files and try again...)

Overall a vast improvement over Beta3 which barely got anywhere in the above 3 games.

There is a slight pause (2 to 5 seconds) before it detects the flash cart, but I'll assume this is just FS access time, and nothing to worry about. Just noting this as those who are having problems getting past the Zip check may want to wait a few moments, if they haven't already. :)
animall

Post by animall »

I had pretty much perfect results using an M3 Lite with the test driver, but this beta4 has the audio in Sam & Max skipping a bit. The dialogue is actually fine, but glitches a little when someone stops talking; the sound effects are the most noticably choppy, however the music is fine.

EDIT: oops, the High Quality Audio option was enabled, didn't realize it kicked in after a restart. Everything is smooth now!
bwmat

Post by bwmat »

YES!
It finally works!
M3 SD slim here. Loads games, saves, plays cd music, the works.

I thought this day would never come :D
And i was starting to seriously consider getting a gbamp or something just for this too.
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

As with the M3 test version, this one plays DOTT like a dream (talkie version with speech and music). There is only an occasional stutter during some scene changes.

I found no noticeable difference between this and the m3 test one on my M3 Lite.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Husky, I noticed you couldn't get any of the older versions to work either. Have you tried it with v0.61? I would suggest that it possibly has to do with an incompatibilty with your flash card, because others have got beta1 working with your reader.

Is there anyone else who had it working on the original M3 SD, and can't run beta4?