Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

M3 Test Build - Download it and post your results

Post by agentq »

Hi,

There is a test build for the M3 here with the driver from DSOrganise:

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummvm-m3test.zip

Please test it on all versions of the M3 and post your results ONLY IN THIS THREAD. This build only contains the A version of ScummVM. If you don't have a game which runs on th A build, you can download a demo from the downloads page on this site.

Please post a message if it works for you. If I only get posts from people who find it doesn't work, I will have to assume it doesn't work and not use this driver!

If you don't know how to run this, please ignore this build and post in one of the other threads.
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

I think ive got DOTT and monkey island 2 somewhere so i'll have a look at trying it when i get home and report back
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

It works great!!! Now Loom has music and every game seems to be working perfectly with a M3 Lite! Saving seems to be working too.

Thanks for all the work you're doing!!

ZRV
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

That sounds like it could be great! zeravlam what M3 lite driver are you using? V.29?

If it does work hopefully it can be applied to build B

Thanks
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Holy crap, Sam & Max actually works (talkie version) on my M3 Lite. So far it works very well with the speech, music, and all. Ive only tested the intro portion and around the office where the game starts. I tested the saving and that works too.

Only problem i've experienced is some speech stuttering if you have the music and speech turned on at the same time. I guess that is normal according to your scummvm FAQ.

The .so3 file i have is about 55 mb. How big is the original .sou file, and if I used the original .sou (instead of .so3), would it help reduce the stuttering? If so, do you know how I can convert .so3 back to .sou?

Im gonna try DOTT later and report back.

In beta3, it would crash while trying to run Sam&Max. I notice this version loads up the console a little slower though (no big deal). After it says "Zip file check.. Not in Use!", it takes about 5 or so seconds before the next line comes up "Found flash card reader". All in all, i feel this is a large leap in terms of M3 compatibility.

*UPDATE*

Tested out DOTT (talkie) and it works perfectly. Very little stuttering (using .sou file) with speech and music turned on. Works almost like a dream. So far everything up to the part after they go in time machine works.

2 out of 2, so far so good :D :!:
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

apoc_reg wrote:That sounds like it could be great! zeravlam what M3 lite driver are you using? V.29?

If it does work hopefully it can be applied to build B

Thanks
Yep, I just updated it yesterday and I tested a lot of games and worked perfect.

ZRV
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

Bummer, I can't get it booted.
I get to the "ZIP file check...Nt in use!" part and then nothing.

I have to run it through the M3 Game Manager I assume?
Kaervos512

Post by Kaervos512 »

Shadow_Zero wrote:Bummer, I can't get it booted.
I get to the "ZIP file check...Nt in use!" part and then nothing.

I have to run it through the M3 Game Manager I assume?
Install it using your Game Manager so it will write the .DAT to the NDSSAVES directory.
If it is freezing on the zip file check, try the following:

1) Hold the left and right shoulder buttons when booting, and clear the SRAM.

2) Delete your SCUMMVM.INI

One of these has always resolved the problem for me.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You might have to take the .ds.gba version, rename it to .nds, and run that.
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

agentq wrote:You might have to take the .ds.gba version, rename it to .nds, and run that.
Do I run the .ds.gba through the GBA or the NDS Game Converter then?

I'll also try what Kaervos512 said and post the results.

Oddly enough I don't have the .DAT file in the save directory and the SCUMMVM.INI, any reason for that?
Kaervos512

Post by Kaervos512 »

I tested out all my games with this release and they run great!

Saving works, and the INI appears to be written to disk correctly.

Thanks for this release catering to us M3 users. =)
sneekysneeky

Post by sneekysneeky »

I tried out MI1 and MI2 on my M3 lite with this beta 3 and they both seem to work fine up to now. Music and all.

Finds card okay, creates ini file no problem and saves like a dream too!

Marvelous stuff! Keep it up agentq :D
Kaervos512

Post by Kaervos512 »

Shadow_Zero wrote:
agentq wrote:You might have to take the .ds.gba version, rename it to .nds, and run that.
Do I run the .ds.gba through the GBA or the NDS Game Converter then?

I'll also try what Kaervos512 said and post the results.

Oddly enough I don't have the .DAT file in the save directory and the SCUMMVM.INI, any reason for that?
You don't actually have to install the file to your disk using the M3 Game Manager. The DAT file created when installing with M3 Game Manager is only for saving/restoring the SRAM on the M3 which is used by most games to save/load from (it also stores some custom launch settings). SCUMMVM doesn't use the SRAM to save unless you force it to with a setting in the INI file. Now that this release is writing to the file system correctly, if you save a game, you will see a <gamename>.S## appear in the root of your card.

What M3 firmware do you have? This release works fine for me with or without loading it on using the M3 Game Manager.

You can just change the extension on the actual .ds.gba game to .nds

I didn't know there were any differences between these two files aside from the extension, so I can't tell you why this would help. Enlighten me, agentq?
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

I tried both renaming the .ds.gba and the .nds (with and without using the M3 Game Manager) but with no luck.
It just keeps hanging at the "ZIP file check...Not in use!" part.
Also tried booting with L + R but I can't even start the program then.

Where can I see what firmware I have?
tlv

Post by tlv »

Hi agentq,

this release works really great. Thanks for the test of the green dsorganize driver. I can now run games from my M3 MiniSD card perfectly.

Many thanks, :)
Eric