ScummVM on h/pc2000 (CE3.0). Config file buggy: Junk found..

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

v7john

ScummVM on h/pc2000 (CE3.0). Config file buggy: Junk found..

Post by v7john »

I'm new to ScummVM but as we have a number of suitable games here I thought I'd give it a go. I'm no programmer so I followed Sir Dave's manual.

On my Jornada 720 I now have the following files on a storage card.

-POCKET SCUMM (main directory)
---scummvm.exe (from release 0.7.1)
---monkey (sub-directory)
-----MONKEY.000
-----MONKEY.001
-----AudioTrack *.mp3 (numbered 1 to 24)
---monkey2 (sub-directory)
-----MONKEY2.000
-----MONKEY2.001

The games play well enough (apart from sound in the original Monkey Island). However, if I quit the game or save then I get a message Config file buggy. Junk found in line 3 (or sometimes 4 or 15). This happens even if ScummVM is started and no games played. The cause seems to be the scummVM.ini file created. If this is deleted then ScummVM will run again, just the once, until another .ini file is created.

I've done the installation twice, read everything I could find here, and looked at the .ini file in a text editor. There doesn't seem to be anything strange about the .ini file and I've tried deleting parts. All that happens then is the line reference changes.

Sorry for such a long post but, what am I doing wrong?

John
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM on h/pc2000 (CE3.0). Config file buggy: Junk fou

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I don't know anything about your hardware, but in general the parsing of the config file does something like this:

If the first character of a line is a '#', the line is a comment.

Otherwise, if the first character is a '[', it's a domain.

Otherwise, unless the line is empty, ScummVM assumes it's a key/value pair, and looks for a '=' somewhere in the string. It's when it fails to find this that it produces a "Junk fond" error message.

But you say your config file looks ok, so I don't know what could be wrong...
v7john

Re: ScummVM on h/pc2000 (CE3.0). Config file buggy: Junk fou

Post by v7john »

Thanks for the reply.

I can't work out what was going on. However, I managed to track down a version 0.6.1b and lo and behold everything is fine! This time scumvm uses GAPI to run.

I'll play around with it some more.

John