ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Help and Support > need help! monkey island 1 crashes
need help! monkey island 1 crashes
  Author    Thread This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
deebeejay

need help! monkey island 1 crashes 

hi everyone,

my first post here and already i need your help. i recently got a new pda, and of course one of the first things to install was pocketscumm and my beloved monkey island ;) now, everything worked like a charm for some time, but now i have encountered a big problem:

the game (monkey island 1) crashes at the beginning of chapter 3, "under monkey island) - on the chapter screen, to be precise. the debugger gives me the following error:

"ERROR: (20:104:0x161): (00MI) Not found in 0... illegal block len -638386156"

now, as much as i have tried, i have no idea what that might mean :| i want to continue with the game - what to do?? i have tried to continue from the last savegame on the pc, save after the "critical passage" and then send the savegame back to the pda, but that didnt't work - the crash occurs on the pc, too. i have also tried to find a savegame to use on the net - no sucess.

i am using pocketscumm v0.8.0. the pda is a dell axim x51v (vga resolution) with windows mobile 5. i am running pocketscumm with the standard settings (or so i think. i can give more details on request).

my question is: what can i do to continue the game? is there something to be fixed with the game? do i need a newer version of pocketscumm? are my game files corrupted? (that would be the worst case scenario, as i only have them left on the hard drive)

or, alternatively, can someone send me a savegame from the beginning of part 3, so that i can hopefully load that and play on without trouble? in any case, i appreciate any helpful replies. thanks in advance!

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:00 am 
sev
ScummVM Lead

See FAQ #4.5

Eugene

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:52 am 
frank_m24

Hello,

are you sure, your game files are not corrupt? I am playing Monkey Island 1 with my Axim X50v (Windows Mobile 2003), PokcetScumm 0.8.0 and have no problems at all.

kind regards

Frank

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:51 am 
deebeejay

thanks for the replies.

eugene - i checked the faq and it says that MI1 is 95% compatible, "no known issues, game is completable". so that is of not much help to me :|

frank_m24 - i wouldn't know if the files are corrupted or not. the game works ok until i reach part 3, so i reckon that at least some of the files have to be ok... is there some way i can check? can you send me a savegame from the beginning of part 3 by any chance, so i can try if that crashes, too?

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:34 am 
sev
ScummVM Lead

quote:
Originally posted by deebeejay
eugene - i checked the faq and it says that MI1 is 95% compatible, "no known issues, game is completable". so that is of not much help to me Neutral

That's not the FAQ you checked but compatibility list. Follow the link I provided. Further discussion here is useless, there is more appropriate place for such things, see the FAQ. I'm locking the topic.

Eugene
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:42 pm 
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.