Add other games MD5 to the list.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Add other games MD5 to the list.

Post by joachimeberhard »

Dear ScummVM Team!

Would you PLEASE add the "Other" games MD5 to the documentations list?

I am really having trouble reporting MD5s without.

Best regards!

Joachim
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

It's not clear what do you mean by "other", nut I suppose you're talking about simon games as well as other, i.e. non-SCUMM engines. Well, we don't have that information. Engines which use MD5 are scumm, simon, saga and kyra, but only scumm has them autogenerated, and checksums are inserted manually into other engines.

So your best bet here is to check these files:
But cvsweb tends to lag behind even anon CVS, so easier would be to consult cvs daily snapshots.

Eugene
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

I'd have to read myself into this.

Yes by "Other" games I mean non-scumm games. Just what ScummVM states on the compatibility page as "Other" games.

Well, in fact, I'm also interested in the MD5s of FOTAQ and BASS and so on.

Just to be sure which versions I have.

Also it would just be perfekt to have a comprehensive list of all known games and languages and variants in ONE comprehensive document you can consider for all questions.

Best regards

Joachim
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

joachimeberhard wrote:Also it would just be perfekt to have a comprehensive list of all known games and languages and variants in ONE comprehensive document you can consider for all questions.
Yes, I agree with you here. Once I myself raised this question, so it would be very nice if we whould create some kind of database with sizes and checksums of all data files of all supported games. But this is a big project by itself, and we will need support from users.

What I am concerned here about is format on how to store that. Ideally it would be a searchable DB with web interface, but who would write that? I don't have enough time, but maybe .

So what I'd suggest you here is to start such list. I've already mentioned to you existence of scummvm/docs/he/md5s.txt file. That is a start, and you may update it with your HE version, just add file sizes there. Similiar list could be created for other games like those rare FM-TOWNS games you have. I think it would be best to keep it in Wiki at the moment, so send a mail to Fingolfin or Endy with your e-mail, name, desired nick and password and they will create an account for you.

Eugene