Version 0.9.1beta3 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Version 0.9.1beta3 released for testing!

Post by agentq »

Beta 3:

* New high quality audio mode
* Max Media Dock now works (tested)
* NinjaSD support added (untested)
* M3 driver updated (untested)

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/

Unless any serious problems are found, this could become the final 0.9.1 version.
Grimgoil

Post by Grimgoil »

With the G6 lite Still erases settings and saves upon using the "Quit" option
(tested with sam and max)
bwmat

Post by bwmat »

Just like beta 2, my ds lite shuts down when starting a game.
Using an m3 sd here. I'll try using the zip method and i'll report back.

EDIT: It starts with the zip method, but there's no music. Stange, because I'm zipping up the same directory as i used for 0.61, and the music worked then.

That's weird, it can read the card obviously, since i can choose a directory and whatnot, but what's causing it to shutdown when it tries to start the game?

And as before, my sram saves disappear when i run gba roms :(. But that seems to happen with all ds homebrew. Oh well. At least it didn't corrupt my card this time, that's progress :D
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

LucasArts games give me different errors when i try to execute them, for example: Monkey Island 2 (0:1:0x5E): Value 2563 is out of bound (0, 799)) (Variable 2563 out of range(r)) and the touch-screen shows the console-mode. I'm using M3 Lite with the non zip mode.

ZRV
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

bwmat wrote:Just like beta 2, my ds lite shuts down when starting a game.
Using an m3 sd here. I'll try using the zip method and i'll report back.

EDIT: It starts with the zip method, but there's no music. Stange, because I'm zipping up the same directory as i used for 0.61, and the music worked then.

That's weird, it can read the card obviously, since i can choose a directory and whatnot, but what's causing it to shutdown when it tries to start the game?

And as before, my sram saves disappear when i run gba roms :(. But that seems to happen with all ds homebrew. Oh well. At least it didn't corrupt my card this time, that's progress :D
I'm totally new here (hi ya'll!) and with this, but I think I got the same problem. Tried booting Monkey Island 1 and the DS shut down and my micro SD card lost all it's data (yes, I will backup from now on ;) ).

Haven't read about the .zip method yet, what is this method?

Edit:
Ah, think I found it!
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/
:)
I'll try to test it tomorrow.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

bwmat, which game are you playing where you don't get any sound?
tlv

Post by tlv »

Hi agentq,

thank you for your new release. Is the updated M3 driver the one that is used by DSOrganize or the Moonshell? There is now a message "Flash card reader found" when starting scummvm, but then nothing happens (no menu comes up). The zip-method still functions flawlessly though.

I hoped that you could implement the fixed scale to 100% (or reset to 100% by a button combination) for the screen that follows the subtitles in this release but as i didn't find it i suppose that you didn't have the time. Is there a chance that it will be in the next release? That'd be great. :)

Best regartds,
Eric
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Whereas beta 1 and beta 2 ScummVM-a.nds didn't work at all on my M3 Lite, this one actually got to the scumm loader menu and I was able to load up Day of the Tentacle easily. I was amazed! Before, only the zip method worked on my M3 Lite.

After it got passed the LucasArts logo where you see the bird fly across, it coughs which i guess means that the talkie does work. However, shortly after he coughs and teh camera zooms into the sewage river scene, the game crashes and it goes back to command prompt debugger mode saying "(2:5:01B7): readArray: invalid array 0 (0)" . I tried this with speech disabled, and it also occurs.

I reseted the DS and tried again, this time I press a button to skip the intro and go straight into the game where theyre in the lobby of the mansion and i think either bernard or hoagie says something, but voice gets stuck in an infinite loop and basically freezes the game. All i could do was zoom out at this point; all other controls are stuck. No error screen this time.

*UPDATE*: I just tried the game again, this time i turned off speech and music. I chose subtitles only and in the music tab, it chose no music. It still freezes at the same spot at the beginning of the lobby. No error message.

Also tried sam and max (talkie). I turned off music and speech for this too. When i start the game up through the scumm loader i get a message in the debugger console that says "(0:1:0x431): findObjectInRoom: Not enough code blocks in room 93"
Phil :: CSF

Post by Phil :: CSF »

mkygod wrote:Whereas beta 1 and beta 2 ScummVM-a.nds didn't work at all on my M3 Lite, this one actually got to the scumm loader menu and I was able to load up Day of the Tentacle easily. I was amazed! Before, only the zip method worked on my M3 Lite.

After it got passed the LucasArts logo where you see the bird fly across, it coughs which i guess means that the talkie does work. However, shortly after he coughs and teh camera zooms into the sewage river scene, the game crashes and it goes back to command prompt debugger mode saying "(2:5:01B7): readArray: invalid array 0 (0)" . I tried this with speech disabled, and it also occurs.

I reseted the DS and tried again, this time I press a button to skip the intro and go straight into the game where theyre in the lobby of the mansion and i think either bernard or hoagie says something, but voice gets stuck in an infinite loop and basically freezes the game. All i could do was zoom out at this point; all other controls are stuck. No error screen this time.

*UPDATE*: I just tried the game again, this time i turned off speech and music. I chose subtitles only and in the music tab, it chose no music. It still freezes at the same spot at the beginning of the lobby. No error message.

Also tried sam and max (talkie). I turned off music and speech for this too. When i start the game up through the scumm loader i get a message in the debugger console that says "(0:1:0x431): findObjectInRoom: Not enough code blocks in room 93"
Similar story here, I'm afraid. Whereas Beta1 and Beta2 froze after the Zip File Check on my M3 MiniSD, this one actually manages to boot to the main menu!

Copied over my SNM Talkie directory (just the 3 required files in there), the game adds no problem with my hardware. I tap 'Start Game', and...

Same error as Mkygod =[ And I thought things were going so well...
bwmat

Post by bwmat »

I was playing The first Monkey Island Game.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

bwmat, when you go to the Scumm bar and open the door, do you hear the door opening sound?

EDIT: And please post if anyone else is getting no sound at all, when they did before, because I can't make the sound break here.
bwmat

Post by bwmat »

Yes, i can hear it.
Just no music.
Phil :: CSF

Post by Phil :: CSF »

Bwmat, which version of MI1 you trying to use? Have a look here: http://www.worldofmi.com/thegames/monke ... p#Versions

My guess is he's trying to use the Enhanced CD-ROM version, but doesn't have the CD tracks ripped. That's happened to me before on the PC version of ScummVM...
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

That's what I was thinking, that's why I asked about the door sound, since the door sound doesn't require ripped CD audio tracks.

So it looks like you're running the CD version, which doens't have synthesised music.
bwmat

Post by bwmat »

well i'm not sure, but the same exact files worked for me with music in scummvm ds.