Unrecognized base tag 0x00000000 in sound 40

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JimmyKooch

Unrecognized base tag 0x00000000 in sound 40

Post by JimmyKooch »

I'm getting the above error when I try to play Full Throttle. I have the original CD and was previously able to play it no problem. My DVD-ROM drive started acting up and made marks on my game cd. I was able to make a backup disc, but I still get the above error. I have also copied the disc to my hard drive, but I get the same error. I have searched the forums for the above error and have found nothing. I have also looked in the ScummVM readme. I hope I haven't missed something obvious and apologize in advance. Please help... I was really enjoying ScummVM until this error.

Thanks.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Unrecognized base tag 0x00000000 in sound 40

Post by eriktorbjorn »

JimmyKooch wrote:My DVD-ROM drive started acting up and made marks on my game cd. I was able to make a backup disc, but I still get the above error. I have also copied the disc to my hard drive, but I get the same error.
Sounds like the data file is damaged, then. If so, there isn't anything ScummVM can do about it, I'm afraid.
JimmyKooch

Post by JimmyKooch »

Is there any way I can find out what file might be corrupted?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

JimmyKooch wrote:Is there any way I can find out what file might be corrupted?
My guess would be ft.la1 but I'm not sure. (It's trying to load a sound, I don't think it goes through that function when loading sounds from monster.sou, and ft.la0 is too small to contain anything like that. I think.)