Sam and Max shuts down...

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dr_Mario

Sam and Max shuts down...

Post by Dr_Mario »

Hi, guys!
I have a pretty...bad problem. I'm playing Sam and Max with Scumm VM- cause without, i wouldn't have sound-. My System is Win98SE. I can play regulary, everything's perfect. But when I am in this one restaurant, where I get the keys for the toilette(geniously gag...don't you have toilette paper ), and wanna go out to say Sam we shall take the key with us, the ScummVM Command Box opens before I am all out of the restaurant and says something with sounds...or so...I have made a screenshot:

I can type in whatever I want( restart, quit, exit, continue), but ScummVM shuts down. I think the key is important, so I can't imagine I can ignore this item...I tried the two other restaurants, too, but same problem. I forgot to say I have the german text-only version( except from the intro until now, there was sound...). I too have shut the sound off in the ScummVM options, but no change. When I tried "just-hit-the-exe-file", where no sound is, it worked... But first, i want sound in the game and second, I don't want to redo everything. I also tried to use my ScummVM savegame in the not-sound version, but didn't work... I also have downloaded the updated exe, but didnt help. I also used this directory with the updated file in ScummVM, nothing. But I didn't deleted the old exe, so maybe this works...ah yes, when I want to open the updated file, I immediately get a error message. I couldn't delete the old exe, says it is write-protected. But it isn't , I think. And I neither use it at the moment.

Fare thee well,
Dr_Mario
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sam and Max shuts down...

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Dr_Mario wrote:ERROR: startSfxSound failed to load sound
Which version of ScummVM is this? I thought this had been downgraded from a fatal error to a warning in 0.9.0.

I don't know why you get that message at all, though. It could be normal (I only have the English "talkie" version myself), or it could be a damaged monster.sou file.
Dr_Mario

Post by Dr_Mario »

I've got Version 0.8. Did I understand you correct that I just have to use a next version? But can I use the 0.8. Savegames with it?

PS: Wow! Thank you for the quick reply!

EDIT: Woooooow! Great! With 0.9 it works! Man...why didn't I have the idea that my ScummVM version is old :roll:

Thank you for your help :)

A Mod can close this thread ^-^

Fare thee well,
Dr_Mario