Monkey island problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cptgame446

Monkey island problem

Post by cptgame446 »

I'm playing Secret of monkey island CD Version on my m3, everything has been working fine, but whenever i go into the house of the voodoo lady it freezes after about 15 seconds. anyone know what's causing this?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I would imagine it's something to do with the CD audio for that room. Have you tried going into that room with the CD track in question not present on disk?
cptgame446

Post by cptgame446 »

I actually did just notice that i had an mp3 version of that song in there in addition to the wav for some reaosn. so i'm sure that's what it was
biggriffon

Post by biggriffon »

I'm trying to play monkey island CD version on my G6lite.

What's the best version of the wusic track can I use? wav or MP3?
Is it a difference between version 0.6.1 and 0.9.1 beta 2 for the sound compatibility?

For now, when I try mp3 version, it completely lockup on my DS. I have no problem when I use de thame mp3 files on my computer whith scummvm 0.9.0

Sorry for my bad english.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

biggriffon wrote:I'm trying to play monkey island CD version on my G6lite.
Talkie versions doesn't work on G6Lite, at least yet.
biggriffon

Post by biggriffon »

I know that the size must be under 30 MB.
Is there an other limitation?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

There is a bug that prevents CD audio from working using the Zip file method, so that won't work until the next version.

When it works, you will need to use ADPCM WAV files. See the ScummVM DS site for information on how to create them.
biggriffon

Post by biggriffon »

Well what can I say....

I have tried with the beta 5 version and the sound files converted to WAV ADPCM and ... it seems to work! Saving work also.

The question I have is: Is this normal when I'm using zip version and the file is larger than 32 MB?

scummdata-a.zip = 34,6 MB
scummvm-a-withdata.ds.gba = 35,9MB

I have changed .ds.gba ==> .nds and I have used the G6 U-DISK Manager V4.6a with my G6 lite.

I can try all the game for testing but can you tell me if I must expect some problems in-game?

Thanks
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

If you zip is over 32Mb, your game will most likely crash at some point when it tries to read data past the 32Mb point.