Black screen upon quitting ScummVM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mcgrueder

Black screen upon quitting ScummVM

Post by mcgrueder »

Excuse me, gentlemen, but for some curious reason I recieve a black screen upon exiting your fine program. I am required to place the computer on standby and subsequently move the mouse in order to restore the image on the moniter. I am currently running the latest version of ScummVM

I am running Windows XP SP 2, on a 2.66 GHz Pentium 4, possesing 1024 meg of RAM and a GeForce 6600 video card. I am not certain if this information is sufficiant but can provide more upon request.

Please note that all my games work perfectly and that this error occurs only upon exiting the program.

I thank you profusely.
clem

Post by clem »

my first guess would be some resolution changing issue (do you run ScummVM in fullscreen?) - sometimes my monitor goes into standby when it thinks it can't handle the resolution correcty. Could be a gfx card driver/sdl problem then.
mcgrueder

Post by mcgrueder »

Okay, I disabled aspect ratio correction and the problem is completely rectified. Thank you.
Aokubidaikon

Post by Aokubidaikon »

Same problem here, only disabling the aspect correction only works 50% of the time.
Exiting ScummVM or using alt-tab results in a black screen, only the mouse pointer remains visible.

Both ScummVM and desktop run in 1024x768.

I have a NVidia GeForce FX 5200 card, both ScummVM and gfx drivers are the most current versions.

Any ideas?