Version 0.9.1beta1 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Version 0.9.1beta1 released for testing!

Post by agentq »

See http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com

Plese post here with your comments.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

lol what made me check the website 10 minutes after you updated it I'll never know.

M3 MiniSD - no flash reader found. Tried all 6 (.nds and .ds.gba) files :(
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Did it detect the reader in 0.61? I assume not.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

nope, but the website said the M3 and SD driver had been updated - so I thought you'd like to know it hasn't fixed this particular model :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, I would like to know, thanks.

The code in libfat I grabbed didn't say which readers it works with.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

you upgraded to libfat already? hrm, according to this post the m3 stuff should work, but then elsewhere in that thread chishm mentions it won't reach beta until devkitpro r20.

In particular, reference this other post on the same thread that says the current DKP release uses SD timeout values that are too low :)

I did a bit of research on this a few weeks back, got as far as checking out a copy of scummvm source to see if I could hack it to work with the updated libfat source. Then something shiny caught my attention, and I forgot about it :lol:
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Awesome! :D

Simon 2 seems to work great. The only thing that makes trouble is that I cannot make the speech louder seperately to the music, so the speech cannot be heard very good sometimes. I will play through it when I have some free time...
Kyrandia also seems to run very good.
Overall it is noticable that it's faster now.

And I tried Sam 'n Max and speech doesn't work anymore, at least not for me. The same files work fine with 0.61.

Great work!
marc_max

Post by marc_max »

It doesn't work on my G6 Lite :(
I'm using the non-compressed ZIP method, of course.
It shows the GUI, I add a game and when I try to execute it the DS turns off. I tried Day Of The Tentacle and Simon The Sorcerer 2, both spanish versions. Day Of The Tentacle works on 0.6.1.
Wootz

Supercard Lite (MicroSD)

Post by Wootz »

I've tried running this on the SuperCard lite by running scummvm-a.nds, scummvm-a.ds.gba. Then tried running scummvm-a.ds.gba after renaming to scummvm-a.nds. Also tried patching scummvm-a.nds and the renamed scummvm-a.ds.gba file with the moonshell patcher, all don't seem to work. The majority will run the code but the software reports "flash card reader not found!". Worked fine with the old version. Looks like the opposite has been done for compatibility issues.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

marc_max: are you sure you're using the correct build? Some games have moved between builds B and C in this version.

MetroidPrime: have you tried changing the music volume using the Options button on the launcher screen?

Spyder: I haven't upgraded to libfat, what I did was move the drivers from libfat in Devkitpro CVS over to the old gba_nds_fat architecture as they were nearly identical. This should meant the same devices would be supported as libfat. Dunno how succesful it will be though. I can always revert some/all of the code if it doesn't work.

Wootz: It's impossible to maintain compatibility with the Moonshell patcher because I have no idea what it patches or what it looks for in the file. If someone could find some source to that, or get the person who wrote it to explain what it does, then hopefully sc lite support could be added without a patcher. If the new code doesn't make things better for other versions of the SC I will revery back to the older SC reading code.
Husky

Post by Husky »

Hi

I have an M3 SD.

i can´t get it to work, without zipfile, there comes a messages flash reader not found and stopped.

then i have tried the with zipfile, then scumm loads fine, i can add games, but if i start a game, my NDS power off complete.

Games i have tried are: Day of the Tentacle & Monkey Island 2 (tested with A version of scummvm ds)

Plz help me =(

Greetz,
Husky

P.S. where can i find a real how to? i search the web, forums and so on, but i found nothing really helpful =(
something like a ScummVM DS Wiki Comp list + how to...
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

agentq wrote:MetroidPrime: have you tried changing the music volume using the Options button on the launcher screen?
Yes, doesn't make any difference.
Wootz

Post by Wootz »

I've completed testing with all possible ways of loading the files on a SuperCard Lite (MicroSD) and here are my results:

Unpatched scummvm-a.nds - Only performs zip file check, doesn't go on to read flash card
Unpatched scummvm-a.ds.gba - Tries booting as a GBA game and hangs with the GBA logo
Renamed scummvm-a.ds.gba to scummvm-a.nds - Only performs zip file check, doesn't go on to read flash card
Patched scummvm-a.nds - Finds flash card reader and works fine
Patched renamed scummvm-a.ds.gba - Finds flash card reader and works fine

0.9.1 beta1

Unpatched scummvm-a.nds - Gives flash card reader not found error
Unpatched scummvm-a.ds.gba - Pauses while loading the file into memory and then boots with an old style GBA logo and a corrupt Nintendo logo
Renamed scummvm-a.ds.gba to scummvm-a.nds - Gives flash card reader not found error
Patched scummvm-a.nds - Gives flash card reader not found error
Patched renamed scummvm-a.ds.gba - Gives flash card reader not found error

I've temporarily uploaded the patched 0.6.1 file to my site at http://www.root-beer.co.uk/scummvm-a_0. ... atched.zip so you can possibly compare the files and see what the difference is.
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

For M3 Lite (scummvm-a.ds patched through game manager, ran with Start button):

Version 0.61

- the screen freezes at "ZIP file check.. Not in use!

Version 0.9.1 beta1

- Gets past the ZIP file check, but right after, it says "FLash card reader not found!"
marc_max

Post by marc_max »

agentq wrote:marc_max: are you sure you're using the correct build? Some games have moved between builds B and C in this version.
Yes. A for DOTT and C for Simon 2.
ScummVM detects them with no problem (it even detects them as spanish versions). But when I try to run them, the DS turns off.