Curse of Monkey Island Minimal Installation Problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jack44556677

Curse of Monkey Island Minimal Installation Problems

Post by jack44556677 »

I don't know if anyone else has been having this problem because I have not found anything in the forum or elsewhere on the web... but I have been trying for some time now to get the minimum installation files (MI3) as described in SirDave's PocketScumm Manual to run in ScummVM and no matter what I do it demands that I provide musdisk1.bin and refuses to procede without it. I must be doing something wrong, it says in SirDave's guide that the minimum files you need to run Curse of Monkey Island within PocketScumm are (As taken from his guide)

"
Minimal Installation: 146mb
(Transfer the following files (from Disk1 &2) to your com1 directory:
Comi.la0, Comi.la1, Comi.la2, Font1.nut, Font2.nut, Font3.nut,
Font4.nut, Font5.nut, Language.tab
"

I have all those files!! What am I doing wrong? Do I need to make some sort of config file to tell scummVM not to process any sounds? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.. and sorry about the long post.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

SirDave's PocketScumm Manual must be out of date, the music files are no longer optional. The music files are required to pass one section of the game, where the pirates are singing.
jack44556677

Post by jack44556677 »

Thanks for the quick answer... I just found this to be the case trying to run through the game using the executable file and it hung forever at the pirate singing scene. Thanks again.
jack44556677

Post by jack44556677 »

Hang on a second though... if you were to play through up to that point (singing sailors).. then use a save file to get you beyond it, would you need the music files again? If not... what version of scummvm could I use to run this, or is there anything I can do to current versions to allow the non-use of the music bundles?
jack44556677

Post by jack44556677 »

Unless I am corrected.. the latest version of ScummVM that will not exit when it can't access the music and voice bundles is 0.7.1 same goes for the pocketscumm version. And of course keep in mind you can't play through the pirate singing section of the game.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Correct.