Corruption with BASS

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dan Forever

Corruption with BASS

Post by Dan Forever »

I'm having a problem with Beneath a steel sky. When I first enter the factory with the welding robot and the woman, and after talking to her and LAMB for the first time, I can no longer save the game. When I go to the save menu, some of the options have a couple of random characters in there, attempting to save crashes the game. The original save game from before that moment appears to remain unaffected, but doesn't appear in the corrupted save game list.

This is using a Superkey and a supercard lite (and having patched scummvm-b with the moonshell patcher.

There is also another but with BASS, in some areas I can't bring down the inventory bar, the word exit just appears to the top left. I think I found a solution to that problem by switching the zoomed screen to the bottom (it seems to work like that) and then switching back afterwards
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The problems you mentioned are known bugs with BASS on ScummVM DS 0.61. In certain rooms, saving crashes the game. Both of these problems will be fixed in the next version.
Dan Forever

Post by Dan Forever »

Ah, awesome, good to know you're on the case :)
schmojo

Post by schmojo »

Is this bug also something to do with the fact that I can't access my inventory in the room with Lamb?

I'm 99% sure I know what I need to do, but I need something from my invntory to do it, and when I try to access it, I just get the word 'exit' in the top left corner.

Any suggestions?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

That's because the game simulates moving the mouse to the top left corner to bring up the inventory, and that room has an exit there. Just use the pen on the top line instead.