Roland.ims invalid?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andy_blah

Roland.ims invalid?

Post by andy_blah »

I tryed to run SOMI (The Secret of Monkey Island) with Roland M-32 sound but I can`t hear any music, the 2nd apropiate solution was to switch to Sound Blasted, but this still didn`t work. The 3rd solution was to make a batch file with "monkey1.exe r" and to run it from VDM Sound but it still didn`t work, so I think the Rland.Ims file is corrupt. Can anyone give me a valid version od Roland.Ims or Soundblas.ims?

Thanks,
>-Andy-<
clem

Re: Roland.ims invalid?

Post by clem »

andy_blah wrote:Can anyone give me a valid version od Roland.Ims or Soundblas.ims?
that's copyrighted material, forum rule #0 applies

a short visit to the datafiles page reveals that the .ims files are not needed (apart from amiga*.ims in some games, but apparently you're using the PC version anyway)

what makes you think the ims files are the problem?

this all boils down to the sound not working on your system, do you get sound in other ScummVM supported games?

clem
Last edited by clem on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy_blah

Post by andy_blah »

Yes, of course I get sound from other SCUMM Games.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Roland.ims invalid?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

andy_blah wrote:I tryed to run SOMI (The Secret of Monkey Island) with Roland M-32 sound but I can`t hear any music, the 2nd apropiate solution was to switch to Sound Blasted, but this still didn`t work. The 3rd solution was to make a batch file with "monkey1.exe r" and to run it from VDM Sound but it still didn`t work, so I think the Rland.Ims file is corrupt. Can anyone give me a valid version od Roland.Ims or Soundblas.ims?
If it's the CD version of the game (easily recognizable, sinze it uses pictures for the inventory, rather than text), it doesn't have MIDI music. Instead, it plays audio tracks from the CD.

ScummVM should be able to play these either directly from the CD or, more conveniently, as compressed audio files (MP3, Ogg Vorbis or FLAC). The README file has more information about the latter option.
andy_blah

Post by andy_blah »

Yes, it is the CD version and it had mp3`s but I didn`t like them. They are too on a chorus, and I saw roland.ims and I trought it has roland support, but I prowe it worng ... And I really want to hear roland music! Can anyone give me a version of it that has roland in compatibility (since I have a buyed copy?)
Oh, and also, I found a version with Roland sound, but guess that it had a bad thing in it - it was in spannish :evil:

If you could give me a roland version I would be very thankfull :)

>-Andy-<
clem

Post by clem »

andy_blah wrote:Can anyone give me a version of it that has roland in compatibility (since I have a buyed copy?)
Oh, and also, I found a version with Roland sound, but guess that it had a bad thing in it - it was in spannish :evil:
...and I refer to forum rule #0 a second time
andy_blah

Post by andy_blah »

Yes, I know that rule, but I already buyed a original copy of the game so I can download it from others and such things :roll:
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

nope, you can't and asking for such things in these forums undermines the work of scummvm developers and community.