Fate of Atlantis Trouble

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Rowly

Fate of Atlantis Trouble

Post by Rowly »

Hi guys, first I love scummVM its awoken my old point-n-click passion from so long ago. Thanks :)

I've tried looking for the answer in this forum so I apologies it if was located in a different forum. The search tool didn't high light my specific issue.

On to that issue:

I'm unsure whether I'm making a mistake or there could be a bug. I'm currently trying to open the secret door on the island of crete. I have recovered both stones from the dig site and ruins. Both are placed on the spindle on the floor and, I'm pretty damned certain, are aligned correctly. The door itself, however, will not open and I am told by Indy that something isn't aligned properly.

The clue from PLD is: "...a Moontsone was also needed, with the noon sun riding above the full moon."
And this is my current alignment:Click me please to save on forum stretching.

I freely admit that I might be doing something wrong here but as far as I am aware, that is the solution and should open the door. Can anyone assist and confirm as a bug or me missing something very obvious?

Thanks in advance.
clem

Post by clem »

maybe both stones need to be roated by 180°? (or 90? or 270?)
just a guess though
Rowly

Post by Rowly »

It was, and this is not surprising, myself being an idiot. Thanks anyway. :)
clem

Post by clem »

I remember that drove me crazy once ages ago - I think the diary tells you somewhere that (at this door only?) something else needs to be aligned with the horns.

Which reminds me of the clock in granny's house in Gabriel Knight - does anyone know how you're supposed to open that from clues in the game, or is that trial and error?