Curse of Monkey Island on T-Mobile SDA US Help Please

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

soloyfeo

Curse of Monkey Island on T-Mobile SDA US Help Please

Post by soloyfeo »

Okay, I just got my SDA and have been playing Sam and Max and Monkey Island way more than is healthy. Imagine my excitement when I was able to load and play Curse of Monkey Island on my SDA and see it function with little problem, except for one thing. Curse of Monkey Island has a unique control scheme where you have to hold the "left click" button down and choose your action from a coin that pops up on screen. The problem is that pocketscumm reads a held button press as multiple button presses seperated my 200 milliseconds. I changed the .ini file to set the "repeattrigger" value to 999999999999999, but the problem then is that when trying to move the cursor around the screen, I have to press the direction once for every pixel I want to move it. By any chance, has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it?

Thanks.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

This is in fact a code regression and has been reported for full throttle as well. It will be fixed in the next release or the next svn build (if there is one :-) ).
soloyfeo

Post by soloyfeo »

Just loaded Curse of Monkey Island again and the same control problem exists, though now I can't even see the coin pop up at all. Is there something I'm missing or is there simply no way to make it work on a non-touchscreen device?